All reviews shuttle service great location roomy bath gondola bedroom condo winter snowmass ski
Reviewed 8 February 2016 via mobile

The shuttle drivers for Snowmass Lodging are THE BEST!!!!!!
We have been coming here for 7 years and every year they are just as friendly and helpful as the last!
Sunday I couldn't ski into our condo, didn't get enough speed.
So I decided to call the shuttle.
I felt a little embarrassed but I needed to get back quick.
The shuttle pulled up and a super friendly guy got out put my skis in the van and off we went!
I told him that I had a little trouble skiing into the condo so I had to call the shuttle. He laughed and pointed on the mountain where to go. I told him it was not that easy for me, so I decided to be a princess and call the shuttle.
He laughed again and said he was happy to assist because that's his job.
So if you are a princess and have a "911" call The Snowmass lodging shuttle and MATTHEW will come to your rescue!
Thanks again Matthew!

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Snowmass L, Director of Sales at Chamonix, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2016

Thank you for your kind words about Matthew and our staff here at Snowmass Lodging Company. We are honored that you have been coming back to stay with us in the past 7 years. We strive to provide excellent customer service to our clients and it's always a joy to hear that our staff members go out of their way to lend a helping hand. We hope you are enjoying your stay with us and please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Best,
Trung George
Sales and Reservations

Reviewed 5 September 2015

We stayed in August 2015 for the Muderella. The rooms were beautiful. Our room had three bedrooms. Each room had its own bathroom and was very roomy. The master bedroom was bigger than ours at home. It had tvs in every room and also the living room. The kitchen was fully stocked with everything you could need. Pots, pans, dishes, silverware, refrigerator, microwave, stove, dishwasher. It had granite countertops. This room was great. It was a one minute walk from the room to the pool/hot tub. Towels were provided. The gondola runs right outside your room. The kids loved watching this. You do not hear people outside. It was a 3 minute drive to the nearest grocery/liquor store. The only downside to the whole rooms was no air conditioning. Even at the elevation we were at and it was August the rooms can get warm during the day.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Snowmass L, Reservations and Sales at Chamonix, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2015

Dear Russell3939,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to write a positive review about your recent stay at Chamonix/Snowmass Lodging Company. We strive to provide our guests with wonderful service and accommodations. We hope to welcome you back to Chamonix or one of our other properties in the very near future.

Best regards,
Trung G
Sales and Reservations

Reviewed 22 February 2015

My family and I have been traveling to Snowmass, CO, for 11 years now. We usually book through the Snowmass Lodging Company and never before had a bad surprise. This last January we were for the first time slightly dissatisfied.
We booked later than usual. There were not many 3-bedroom ski in/out units available in Snowmass. Actually, I believe this was the only one (now I know why). It was our first stay at Chamonix (in previous seasons we stayed at the Timberline, the Woodrun Place or the Enclave).
Chamonix is general as good as the other condos in terms of location and common facilities. Pretty comfortable and convenient indeed. Our unit 46, however, was old and outdated. I don't care so much for interior decoration in these relatively short ski trips, but some comfort is essential. The master bed mattress was completely beaten and worn-out. It had two concavities, one for each body, where my wife and I had to find a way to sleep for almost two weeks. And there's no way you can turn on your side; it takes rolling uphill and then be forced by gravity to roll back to the bottom. The master bedroom shower lacks water pressure, which takes away the pleasure of a hot, relaxing shower after ski. The TV sets are much too old and small. It would be great to have at least one full HD TV 50" or larger in the living room. Apart from that, the apartment is ok. And Chamonix in general seems to be a great choice if you are lucky enough to be placed in a decent unit. We were unlucky.

Room tip: Snowmass Lodging Company does not seem to require standard decoration/equipment from unit owners. Before booking your unit, you should ask for pictures and make sure it is properly equiped.
Date of stay: January 2015
2  Thank Joca L
Joe Z, General Manager at Chamonix, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2018

Thank you for the feedback, Joca! We regret that you were dissatisfied with your stay in Chamonix. We are pleased to announce that unit 46 has been renovated with new furnishings since you stayed here. We appreciate your business and hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 31 January 2012

We stayed in #33 for 10 days and it was fantastic. The condo photos did not do it justice. Views were of the Elk Gondola run, ski in and out was terrific. Each bedroom had its own bathroom with tv's, kitchen was really well appointed, lounge was terrific and there was a reading area that looked out onto the Funnel run. Spa was right on the slopes and could be accessed as you came home from a day on the snow. Shuttle service was fantastic and made getting around very easy. I have been trying to think of a criticism and the only complaint would be the lack of a hairdryer which in the scheme of things is really clutching at straws. This was a great venue and we would definitely return and recommend this condo to anyone wanting space, comfort and direct access to the snow.

Date of stay: January 2012
3  Thank Diana G

Thank you for the review, Diana! Unit #33 is a great unit with great access. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you back for more skiing soon!

Reviewed 5 September 2011

We have gone to Aspen/Snowmass for the past 5 years and this is by far the best place for ski-in ski out. We Stayed at Woodrun V, and Woodrun Place, as well as Deerbrook Condos. While deerbrook was very convenient, without a rental car, getting around snowmass was a hassle. At Chamonix the free village shuttle drops off and picks up, as well as the local shuttle for Chamonix. We had process of elimination and stopped out searching each year when we found this place. We have 6 of us and we stay more than comfortably in the 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom A33. "A" building is by far the best because we are able to step into the hall, hit the elevator down to the locker room, get our gear, grab a grooming report and walk by the pool and hot-tube to the slopes (a 20 foot total walk outdoors before strapping on our gear). The condo itself is always stunning, with washer, dryer, in-cabinet dishwasher, unlimited wood on one of the two porches (one over slope, one over pool/slope), a wonderfully peaceful reading nook off the den. Whirlpool bath and steamshower in the master bedroom. We enjoy our stay here each year, and the front desk is always helpful. They allow us to print out our airline tickets before departing at the front desk, and they always are more than helpful with our UPSing our luggage there and making sure it is picked up and sent back to us.

Room tip: Building A
Date of stay: March 2011
6  Thank JJayJ

Thank you for the review, JJ! We are glad that you enjoyed all of what Chamonix had to offer. It truly is a great ski-in, ski-out property located on the second largest ski resort in Colorado. We are pleased that you had an enjoyable time and hope to see you back soon!