“Like a Fairytale”
Review of Chamonix

Chamonix
Reviewed 20 December 2016

My husband and I visited Snowmass for the first time last week and stayed at Chamonix. We booked through Stay Aspen Snowmass and the Snowmass Lodging Company managed our reservation. Everything was absolutely perfect! We loved our unit at Chamonix and thought that Snowmass was the most beautiful place on earth. Our unit was beautifully decorated, modern and chic. It was cleaned everyday for us. It was so nice coming back to a warm, comfy & cozy room everyday after our fun filled days in the snow. We booked our ski lessons through them as well and am so happy we did because we had the best time. The instructors at ski school were top notch. We will be back!

Room Tip: modern, daily room cleaning, free shuttle
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Snowmass L, Manager at Chamonix, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2016

Dear Cassie C,
Thank you for your kind words. We are ecstatic to hear that you had a marvelous vacation! We take pride in providing our guests with first class accommodations and services. I will pass along your rave reviews to our staff here at Snowmass Lodging Company. We hope to welcome you back to Snowmass in the very near future!

Very best,
Trung G.
Sales Manager

Reviewed 8 February 2016 via mobile

The shuttle drivers for Snowmass Lodging are THE BEST!!!!!!
We have been coming here for 7 years and every year they are just as friendly and helpful as the last!
Sunday I couldn't ski into our condo, didn't get enough speed.
So I decided to call the shuttle.
I felt a little embarrassed but I needed to get back quick.
The shuttle pulled up and a super friendly guy got out put my skis in the van and off we went!
I told him that I had a little trouble skiing into the condo so I had to call the shuttle. He laughed and pointed on the mountain where to go. I told him it was not that easy for me, so I decided to be a princess and call the shuttle.
He laughed again and said he was happy to assist because that's his job.
So if you are a princess and have a "911" call The Snowmass lodging shuttle and MATTHEW will come to your rescue!
Thanks again Matthew!

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Snowmass L, Director of Sales at Chamonix, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2016

Thank you for your kind words about Matthew and our staff here at Snowmass Lodging Company. We are honored that you have been coming back to stay with us in the past 7 years. We strive to provide excellent customer service to our clients and it's always a joy to hear that our staff members go out of their way to lend a helping hand. We hope you are enjoying your stay with us and please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Best,
Trung George
Sales and Reservations

Reviewed 5 September 2015

We stayed in August 2015 for the Muderella. The rooms were beautiful. Our room had three bedrooms. Each room had its own bathroom and was very roomy. The master bedroom was bigger than ours at home. It had tvs in every room and also the living room. The kitchen was fully stocked with everything you could need. Pots, pans, dishes, silverware, refrigerator, microwave, stove, dishwasher. It had granite countertops. This room was great. It was a one minute walk from the room to the pool/hot tub. Towels were provided. The gondola runs right outside your room. The kids loved watching this. You do not hear people outside. It was a 3 minute drive to the nearest grocery/liquor store. The only downside to the whole rooms was no air conditioning. Even at the elevation we were at and it was August the rooms can get warm during the day.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Snowmass L, Reservations and Sales at Chamonix, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2015

Dear Russell3939,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to write a positive review about your recent stay at Chamonix/Snowmass Lodging Company. We strive to provide our guests with wonderful service and accommodations. We hope to welcome you back to Chamonix or one of our other properties in the very near future.

Best regards,
Trung G
Sales and Reservations

Reviewed 22 February 2015

My family and I have been traveling to Snowmass, CO, for 11 years now. We usually book through the Snowmass Lodging Company and never before had a bad surprise. This last January we were for the first time slightly dissatisfied.
We booked later than usual. There were not many 3-bedroom ski in/out units available in Snowmass. Actually, I believe this was the only one (now I know why). It was our first stay at Chamonix (in previous seasons we stayed at the Timberline, the Woodrun Place or the Enclave).
Chamonix is general as good as the other condos in terms of location and common facilities. Pretty comfortable and convenient indeed. Our unit 46, however, was old and outdated. I don't care so much for interior decoration in these relatively short ski trips, but some comfort is essential. The master bed mattress was completely beaten and worn-out. It had two concavities, one for each body, where my wife and I had to find a way to sleep for almost two weeks. And there's no way you can turn on your side; it takes rolling uphill and then be forced by gravity to roll back to the bottom. The master bedroom shower lacks water pressure, which takes away the pleasure of a hot, relaxing shower after ski. The TV sets are much too old and small. It would be great to have at least one full HD TV 50" or larger in the living room. Apart from that, the apartment is ok. And Chamonix in general seems to be a great choice if you are lucky enough to be placed in a decent unit. We were unlucky.

Room Tip: Snowmass Lodging Company does not seem to require standard decoration/equipment from unit owners. B...
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Joca L
Reviewed 31 January 2012

We stayed in #33 for 10 days and it was fantastic. The condo photos did not do it justice. Views were of the Elk Gondola run, ski in and out was terrific. Each bedroom had its own bathroom with tv's, kitchen was really well appointed, lounge was terrific and there was a reading area that looked out onto the Funnel run. Spa was right on the slopes and could be accessed as you came home from a day on the snow. Shuttle service was fantastic and made getting around very easy. I have been trying to think of a criticism and the only complaint would be the lack of a hairdryer which in the scheme of things is really clutching at straws. This was a great venue and we would definitely return and recommend this condo to anyone wanting space, comfort and direct access to the snow.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family