“Brown's Canyon All Day WW Rafting”

Independent Whitewater
Ranked #1 of 9 Tours in Salida
More attraction details
Owner description: Independent Whitewater is Salida's local river connection, we offer trips for all skill levels. Whether you’re scenic Salida floats, advanced whitewater rafting, or the longest half-day trip through Browns Canyon National Monument, we have a trip to fit your needs. Family-owned and operated, Independent Whitewater has been in business in Salida for 35 years and has a strong dedication to safety and good old-fashioned American fun. Come spend the day with Wiley and Mike, Independent Whitewater's owners, along with their highly trained and professional staff. Another great reason to raft with Independent Whitewater is that our Browns Canyon rafting trips end on private property, which means you'll beat the crowds and go through rapids that other rafting companies don't. More Miles, More Smiles! Give us a call today to schedule your trip!
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I had the best time on this all day whitewater rafting ride with Independent Whitewater. Our guide, Joe, gave us an exciting whitewater ride by finessing our raft thru rough waters, boulders and tight spaces like threading a needle.
My first whitewater experience was both exciting and fun. Joe was knowledgeable of the areas we passed and talked about his other river experiences. He was especially great with the two young teenage boys in our group by giving them opportunities to test their adventurous spirit. All around a fun day, great experience with a mix of excitement and adventure all while feeling safe in the raft. Thanks, Joe and Independent Whitewater!!! Highly recommend!!

Mike W, Owner at Independent Whitewater, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Joe knows his stuff on the Arkansas River, Alban! I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience with him. Thanks for your review, and I hope to see you again.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"extra miles"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

My son and I decided to take a rafting trip while vacationing in Colorado. We had an incredible rafting adventure! Joe, our rafting guide, was everything you could ask for in a guide.He was knowledgeable, funny, and charming. I was a bit apprehensive, but within a few minutes with Joe, I knew we were in good hands. With Independent Whitewater, you get an extra couple of miles of rafting in Browns Canyon. If you are looking for a rafting company in Salida, look no further.

Mike W, Owner at Independent Whitewater, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Thanks for your review! We certainly enjoyed having you with us on the water, and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

My husband and I took the Brown's Canyon half-day trip with our twin eight-year-old sons. None of us had ever rafted before, but the professional staff and our terrific guide, Cameron, took care of all the details. I was slightly anxious about one of our boys, who had had a bad experience tubing, but as we crashed through the rapids I heard him shrieking, "Whee! Whee! Whee!" (I actually had to ask him to keep it down so we could hear Cameron's instructions.) The photos posted on the Web don't do the scenery justice. It's really something to be right on the water in that spectacular landscape. Overall a wonderful experience.

Mike W, Owner at Independent Whitewater, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

I'm so happy you and your family had such a wonderful experience with us! Thanks so much for giving your feedback, and I look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

See more reviews
Reviewed 9 August 2017

This was a great experience to have while visiting Colorado. I highly recommend it. The tour took a total of about 31/2 or so hours, covering about 12 miles of the Arkansas River.
Throughout the ride my family and I used a very coordinated effort, led flawlessly by our guide - Haylie, to travel down and experience the horrifying yet thrilling rapids of the Arkansas River. I was expecting for the ride to be exhausting and very physically demanding, however it was actually pretty laid back up until the more extreme rapids. The ride consisted of about a dozen or more intense rapids and hundreds of calmer ones. Expect to get pretty wet!
Throughout the entire tour we were able to see breath taking, gorgeous views of the area around the river that you just won't find anywhere else. The scenery was gorgeous and the river itself was pristine, clear, and beautiful. All of the guides were phenomenal. They were fun, playful,social, and extremely good at their jobs. We enjoyed the time we got to spend chatting with Haylie. :)
Overall it was a great experience. It was a can't miss adventure that you and your family should absolutely go on. It's great for all people of all ages! Yes, even kids! And, to make this even better, all the other whitewater rafting companies for the Arkansas river don't get to take a tour as long as this company offers! You should absolutely take advantage of what this company has to offer if you can!

Mike W, Owner at Independent Whitewater, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Jennifer, I'm so happy to hear you had an awesome time with us! It really was our pleasure to make sure you were all taken care of on the river.