Open today: 00:00 - 00:00
Review Highlights
Independent whitewater fun

We had a great experience, our guide was very friendly and made the trip fun! The water level was a... read more

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed 30 September 2018
mwheeler24
Galveston, Texas
Great raft trip!

We are a family of 4 that was looking for a fun but not overly challenging raft trip. Our kids... read more

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed 25 August 2018
MHW2013
Fort Worth

All reviews brown's canyon rafting trip other companies the river half day trip wet suits great trip local company raft guide family float small company twin falls these guys extra miles great guide white water splash jackets
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

My son and I decided to take a rafting trip while vacationing in Colorado. We had an incredible rafting adventure! Joe, our rafting guide, was everything you could ask for in a guide.He was knowledgeable, funny, and charming. I was a bit apprehensive, but within a few minutes with Joe, I knew we were in good hands. With Independent Whitewater, you get an extra couple of miles of rafting in Browns Canyon. If you are looking for a rafting company in Salida, look no further.

Date of experience: August 2017
Mike W, Owner at Independent Whitewater, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Thanks for your review! We certainly enjoyed having you with us on the water, and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

My husband and I took the Brown's Canyon half-day trip with our twin eight-year-old sons. None of us had ever rafted before, but the professional staff and our terrific guide, Cameron, took care of all the details. I was slightly anxious about one of our boys, who had had a bad experience tubing, but as we crashed through the rapids I heard him shrieking, "Whee! Whee! Whee!" (I actually had to ask him to keep it down so we could hear Cameron's instructions.) The photos posted on the Web don't do the scenery justice. It's really something to be right on the water in that spectacular landscape. Overall a wonderful experience.

Date of experience: July 2017
Mike W, Owner at Independent Whitewater, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

I'm so happy you and your family had such a wonderful experience with us! Thanks so much for giving your feedback, and I look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

This was a great experience to have while visiting Colorado. I highly recommend it. The tour took a total of about 31/2 or so hours, covering about 12 miles of the Arkansas River.
Throughout the ride my family and I used a very coordinated effort, led flawlessly by our guide - Haylie, to travel down and experience the horrifying yet thrilling rapids of the Arkansas River. I was expecting for the ride to be exhausting and very physically demanding, however it was actually pretty laid back up until the more extreme rapids. The ride consisted of about a dozen or more intense rapids and hundreds of calmer ones. Expect to get pretty wet!
Throughout the entire tour we were able to see breath taking, gorgeous views of the area around the river that you just won't find anywhere else. The scenery was gorgeous and the river itself was pristine, clear, and beautiful. All of the guides were phenomenal. They were fun, playful,social, and extremely good at their jobs. We enjoyed the time we got to spend chatting with Haylie. :)
Overall it was a great experience. It was a can't miss adventure that you and your family should absolutely go on. It's great for all people of all ages! Yes, even kids! And, to make this even better, all the other whitewater rafting companies for the Arkansas river don't get to take a tour as long as this company offers! You should absolutely take advantage of what this company has to offer if you can!

Date of experience: August 2017
Mike W, Owner at Independent Whitewater, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Jennifer, I'm so happy to hear you had an awesome time with us! It really was our pleasure to make sure you were all taken care of on the river.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Haley was the perfect guide. Knowledgeable about the river and sights. For our family, this was the highlight of our trip to Colorado. Would jump at the chance to do it again!

Date of experience: August 2017

I'm happy to hear we could give you such a highlight! Thanks for your feedback, and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

My wife and I went whitewater rafting for the first time on our honeymoon with Independent Whitewater. Our raft guide John was incredibly knowledgable about the wildlife and areas along the Arkansas River, and kept the float entertaining and fun for us and the family with young children in the raft with us.
You also get a longer ride with Independent and two more rapids to paddle through because they have a takeout farther up the river beyond where most of the other rafting companies have to stop.
I would recommend Independent Whitewater without any hesitation!

Date of experience: August 2017

Jeremy, it was awesome having you and your wife with us on the Arkansas! thanks so much for your feedback, and we'll be seeing you again very soon I hope.