“Excellent coffee”

Whistle Pig Coffee Stop & Cafe
Ranked #8 of 47 Restaurants in Rifle
Reviewed 13 October 2016

I search for coffee shops that seem to know how to make it properly everywhere I go, this is one of the best coffees I've had in the States.
My only criticism, and it is very minor, is that the smallest size is 12oz. I reckon 8oz is the perfect size for a latte, etc.
The latte was excellent.
Unfortunately, you have to get off the I-70 to get into Rifle, and most people won't bother, but it is worth it for this coffee.

Reviewed 29 September 2016

This is the place to go in Rifle for a good breakfast. Menu has no surprises or eccentricities, good is well prepared and the service is good. They offer a choice of coffees which I thought was a nice touch.

Reviewed 22 August 2016

We stopped by Rifle for breakfast yesterday (a Sunday) while on our way back from Grand Junction. And we wanted a classic with no fuss and good service. The Whistle Pig filled the bill nicely. I had eggs "over easy," bacon, wheat toast, and coffee. My wife went for scrambled eggs, hash browns, bacon, an English muffin, and coffee. Everything was excellent and yummy. We even were given a choice of "light or dark roast" for the coffee, and a pitcher of half-n-half was nearby to suit our tastes for cream. (Plus, the prices for our meals were very inexpensive.) Breakfast was just as we had envisioned, and we departed most satisfied. They open at 7am and serve breakfast and lunch everyday. We'd eat their again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

We went in, seated ourselves....two women were behind the counter, no one said hello or made any attempt to wait on us. There was only one other customer in the entire place and he was drinking coffee. After approximately 5 minutes we didn't like the vibe and decided to look for other options. We found one directly across the street, Shooters bar and grill and it was packed....we found out for good reason (great food). At whistle pig The breakfast menu was poorly written and a bit eclectic for breakfast (The options were meat or veggies??? Maybe it's a vegetarian place, we noticed even the waffles were gluten free??? What happened to regular breakfast fare.
Didn't appeal to any of us, although they did tell us goodbye when we left.

Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

I love the coffee at Whistle Pig! The coffee has great flavor and is never bitter or burnt tasting. I have gluten sensitivities and my daughter has many food allergies. The staff always listens and always gets my food right! The food is great! My entire family loves to go here!