“Great food, Great employees!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Dickey's Barbecue Pit
Ranked #15 of 46 Restaurants in Rifle
Reviewed 17 October 2016

This Dickey's was the first Dickey's we had ever visited, and that was a few years ago, and it was really good then. It is still really good! I even remembered to try a rib again, as we had been staying away from them because the Dickey's at another location had such terrible ones. But these were really good! And the brisket is exceptional. My husband and I used to run a bbq food service, and his brisket was so tender, and we have never found any like his, until Dickey's. And the brisket seems to be always consistently good, no matter the location. I love their hot and spicy bbq sauce, but they are all good. The baked potato casserole and waffle fries are my favorite sides. My hubby thought the bbq beans were really good. The two employees were wonderful, and the woman there, combined our items into a combo that saved us money. That is always so nice to save money, and thoughtful of an employee to do that.

1  Thank dennisue

Reviewed 27 September 2016 via mobile

Ordered the pork and brisket combo. Brisket was very greasy and had slot of fat. Pork was ok nothing great but not bad. Potato salad was good but baked beans were simply canned pork and beans heated up with no flavoring. Service was fast and friendly.

Reviewed 4 August 2016

Based on our hotel checkin clerks recommendation, we decided to try Dickey's. It was a Sunday and kids eat free so they were busy and already out of chicken by the time we came in around 1800. Not an issue as we wanted ribs, pulled pork and brisket which they had. All the meats were lovely but we did not realize until we got back to our room that they did not put any sauce on the meats. Or included them separately. Just glad the meats were all ok on their own w/o the sauces. Loved the fried okra and baked potato almost as much as the meats! Would recommend but with the caution to get some sauce if you are getting it to go.

1  Thank nmk97
Reviewed 26 June 2016

We make Dickey's BBQ at a minimum of 4 times a month. They have the best smoked meat that's not overly smoking, yet tender with melt in your mouth ribs and brisket, our favorite! Love the fact that they do not put sauce on the meat, there's 3 different sauces to choose from for individual tastes. Meals are very filling and they have daily specials for any budget. Never ending fountain drinks, topped off with vanilla ice cream...what more could you ask for?!?!

Reviewed 6 June 2016

I'm born and raised in Texas, so I know good BBQ. I've been to several BBQ places in Colorado and have been disappointed every single time...not today, though! We decided to try Dickey's because kids eat free on Sundays and I had a gift card. I was so impressed! Since this was our first time, the guys behind the counter let us taste-test many of the meats and they were all good. I chose the Jalapeno Cheddar Sausage (delicious) and the rest if my family had the brisket, chicken breast and turkey breast (all delicious). I've read the past reviews where people were complaining the brisket was too fatty, but ours was perfect! We had many different sides and they were all very good. I don't think I've had better fried okra...ever! The seasoning in the batter was amazing! This place would be a bit pricey for someone on a budget or a large family, but they have many inexpensive options. We're a family of five, so we love that kids eat free with each adult entree on Sunday! You also get free ice cream cones after your meal...we will be back!

Been to Dickey's Barbecue Pit? Share your experiences!