“Gateway to the Mountains”
Review of Gateway Lodge

Gateway Lodge
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Rifle
Reviewed 23 February 2015

This hotel provides spacious rooms for a reasonable price. It is located in a small downtown area surrounded by scenic mountains.

The staff of this hotel is very friendly! Upon my arrival, the man working at the desk was willing to walk with me to show me where my room was even though it was very cold outside. He also gave suggestions on where to look to make sure road conditions are safe.

Overall I had no big issues with my time here. The heater was a bit confusing to understand but eventually I figured it out. I'd definitely recommend if you're in the area and need a place to stay for a night!

Room Tip: The East Wing is quite nice.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank Garrett L

Reviewed 23 October 2014

This is an old property but it did what a motel should do: Provide a clean, comfortable and quiet environment for a good night's sleep. The owners are very friendly and go out of their way to be sure their guests are satisfied. They seem to be undertaking a slow renovation process an progress can be seen. A comp breakfast (we just had cereal) in an adjoining breakfast room was an unexpected plus.

Try to get a room on the first floor. The stairs for a second floor room are a hump with luggage.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Retired1811
kurczaczeksz, General Manager at Gateway Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2014

Your kind review means a lot to us. Thank you very much for staying with us! Truly looking forward to your future stay with us.

Reviewed 19 September 2014

If you want "fancy" then this motel isn't for you. However, the Gateway Lodge is simple, clean, quiet and well worth the value. The owners are friendly and went out of their way to make our stay a pleasant one. I can't say enough how immaculate our room was! Seriously, I have OCD and so, have a fear of motel rooms in general (not a joke). Not the case with this motel. Not a speck of dust or dirt to be found. In fact, I accidently dropped the TV remote behind the night table and being how I am, I was hesitant to pull it out to retrieve it. I was pleasantly shocked to discover the cleanest carpeting behind that piece of furniture. wow. The bedding was comfortable and fresh-smelling... even the parking lot was clean as could be. The only constructive criticism I would have is that although Gateway Lodge has a nice little Continental Breakfast for their guests, it would have been nice to have a coffeemaker (even a 4-cup size) in our room. That aside, we would definitely reccomend this motel. Dziekuja (Thank You) Gateway Lodge for a most enjoyable stay!

• Stayed: September 2014
2  Thank OCDiva-Judes

Thank you so much for such kind review. It means so much to us and we truly appreciate it. We look forward to your future stay with us!!!

Reviewed 5 September 2014 via mobile

Booked a room on labor day for quite the steal and laid back not expecting much. Meeting the owner Marcin was a refreshing dose of air at check in and personalized my room to the back rooms for non smoking and quiet. Then had a 45 minute on Poland and life in Europe haha.

Room was obviously redone and looked fresh. Anna loves fresh smelling linens as do I, so expect sunshine smelling linen. Queen bed was as soft as a marshmellow. Super awesome.

Breakfast isnt 5 star but it didnt have to be with the food stuffs they have to fill ya up. And upon check out I had two small complaints and Anna professionally wrote down the issue for Marcin to fix and gave me a fair rate for my hassle.

For the price the service was B&B quality attention and you re supporting Rifle instead of investors in China for brand name rooms. Will go back.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Matthew H
kurczaczeksz, General Manager at Gateway Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2014

Dear Matthew,

Thank you so much for your honest review. It was such a pleasure to have you stay here with us and for you to support small and family operated business is extremely appreciated. We look forward to see you in the near future :-)

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I’ve watched this hotel grow and improve over the years and these new owners are fantastic. They are friendly, polite, and so helpful! They have put so much time and effort into improving and updating their motel. I prefer smaller, family-run establishments like this over those big chain corporate places... so this one appeals to me! If you want a nice room for a good price, this is the place.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Edward W

Dear Edward,

We are extremely grateful for your kind review. It means a lot to us and our business. Thank you so much for your continued support!