“Relaxing getaway ”

Sundance Trail Guest & Dude Ranch
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

My friend and I thoroughly enjoyed our time at Sundance in every aspect...the square dance lessons, rock climbing, and home-cooked meals were just some of the highlights. I loved the fact that they had us keep the same horse the whole time for the daily trail rides, so we were able to build relationships with our horses. The staff were all so helpful and kind. I highly recommend this experience!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Dan_and_Ellen_Morin, Owner at Sundance Trail Guest & Dude Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate hearing about it! Our wranglers work very hard to pair riders with the right horse for them and I'm glad to see you enjoyed your time on Miss Journey. We hope to see you both again soon!

Reviewed 15 September 2017

Beautiful views, peaceful, and relaxing. Bonnie, the cook, is the best! She made me feel at home and kept my tummy full with her great cooking. Kristen, the wrangler, was super nice and fun to ride with. And thanks to Estelle for teaching me a few words of French.

My only suggestion for the "off-season" visitors is to offer afternoon activities. While the morning rides were awesome, having an activity in the afternoon - such as a drive through the countryside, art classes, etc., would have been a nice option.

Accommodations were beautiful and I was made to feel very much at home. Thanks to all the staff for your welcoming hearts!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

I needed a real get away! Having not taken a real vacation in years and years I searched and found Sundance Trails. I love to ride and I love Colorado so I gave it a shot. I have returned home sore, happy and so relaxed! This place is no joke! From the moment I met Ellen...it was like I was family! I was able to go anywhere I wanted (1st stop of course was to meet the horses) and do anything I wanted. We rode in the beautiful Rocky Mountains everyday but one...horses need a break after the "long ride". Let me tell you...it was LONG! And so beautiful! The wranglers are so nice and accommodating! Want to run some...they will! Side by side riding? No problem...provided the gorgeous mountain trails allow it. Whitewater rafting....we were there when the water was low....and had the best time! You get to know other guests so well and feel so comfortable! Now the meals....omg they were the best!!! Miss Bonnie is the best cook ever!! I had to hug her after every meal because it was just that good!! She sits on that gorgeous porch after the meals and just talks to you like an old friend!! Love her to death! Anyone on the fence about this place...GO!! You will never regret the experience!!!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Marylandman67

We are thrilled to hear that you got exactly what you needed from your much-needed getaway! Our favorite part of the job is getting to connect with our family of guests each week. We hope you'll come back for another great meal and chat with Bonnie soon!

Reviewed 9 July 2017

I am a horse nut!! As a surprise, my husband planned this trip to the ranch for me. It was just amazing. The riding and scenery was great, beyond my expectations. The company of the other guests and the staff was great. Everybody went above and beyond to help and make sure we were comfortable, happy, and well fed. The food was great. Bethany was an outstanding host. This is her first year at this and she is great at her job. All of the wranglers were good but would like to add a special note of thanks to Jim and Marissa. I was on crutches and they did there best to make sure I was safe and comfortable. I hope that we will get back to Sundance in the next year or so. Thanks to everyone who was there and a special thanks to Ellen and Dan who are operating a wonderful establishment. Keeping the number of guests to 24 really made the visit seem more intimate as you got to visit with everyone there. Thanks again.

Room Tip: It is a ranch with a main lodge and several cabins. All were very comfortable. It was rustic and qu...
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

We appreciate these wonderful details of your vacation with us! Our wranglers pride themselves on making sure our guests have the most fun they can without compromising their safety. I'm happy to hear that you had such a great time! We hope you'll make it back to see us and all our four-legged friends again soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

My husband and I just returned from a week at Sundance Trails with our 5, 8, and 11 year old children. The ranch is quiet and serene with plenty of unforgettable activities balanced with enough downtime to take a breath and soak in the views. The food was delicious. But what really made the week special was the staff. The kid's wrangler was sick the week we were there but the rest of the staff put in extra effort to accommodate my kids by either bringing them along on a family trail ride (even the five year old!) or allowing them to hang back and make cookies and play games. We loved every minute of our time there and hope to return soon!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

We appreciate hearing from you, Kim! Our staff enjoyed getting to know your lovely children and we would love to have you back again soon. Happy Trails!

Been to Sundance Trail Guest & Dude Ranch? Share your experiences!