Nicky's Resort(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$166
StoneBrook Resort(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$182
Stanley Hotel(Estes Park)
Free cancellation until 02/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$342
US$273
  • Restaurant
Estes Mountain Lodge(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
US$189
US$151
Econo Lodge(Estes Park)
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$165
Hotwire.com
Shambhala Mountain Center(Red Feather Lakes)
TripAdvisor
Appenzell Inn(Estes Park)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrock climbinghorseback ridingother guestssquare dancinglifelong memorieshot tubwide variety of activitiesjust returned from a weekfamily vacationwonderful hoststhe main lodgehead wranglerrelaxing getawayspecial thanksthe entire staffoff seasondenver airport
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

I needed a real get away! Having not taken a real vacation in years and years I searched and found Sundance Trails. I love to ride and I love Colorado so I gave it a shot. I have returned home sore, happy and so relaxed! This place is no joke! From the moment I met Ellen...it was like I was family! I was able to go anywhere I wanted (1st stop of course was to meet the horses) and do anything I wanted. We rode in the beautiful Rocky Mountains everyday but one...horses need a break after the "long ride". Let me tell you...it was LONG! And so beautiful! The wranglers are so nice and accommodating! Want to run some...they will! Side by side riding? No problem...provided the gorgeous mountain trails allow it. Whitewater rafting....we were there when the water was low....and had the best time! You get to know other guests so well and feel so comfortable! Now the meals....omg they were the best!!! Miss Bonnie is the best cook ever!! I had to hug her after every meal because it was just that good!! She sits on that gorgeous porch after the meals and just talks to you like an old friend!! Love her to death! Anyone on the fence about this place...GO!! You will never regret the experience!!!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Marylandman67
Dan_and_Ellen_Morin, Owner at Sundance Trail Guest & Dude Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

We are thrilled to hear that you got exactly what you needed from your much-needed getaway! Our favorite part of the job is getting to connect with our family of guests each week. We hope you'll come back for another great meal and chat with Bonnie soon!

Reviewed 9 July 2017

I am a horse nut!! As a surprise, my husband planned this trip to the ranch for me. It was just amazing. The riding and scenery was great, beyond my expectations. The company of the other guests and the staff was great. Everybody went above and beyond to help and make sure we were comfortable, happy, and well fed. The food was great. Bethany was an outstanding host. This is her first year at this and she is great at her job. All of the wranglers were good but would like to add a special note of thanks to Jim and Marissa. I was on crutches and they did there best to make sure I was safe and comfortable. I hope that we will get back to Sundance in the next year or so. Thanks to everyone who was there and a special thanks to Ellen and Dan who are operating a wonderful establishment. Keeping the number of guests to 24 really made the visit seem more intimate as you got to visit with everyone there. Thanks again.

Room Tip: It is a ranch with a main lodge and several cabins. All were very comfortable. It was rustic and quaint and perfect for us.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

We appreciate these wonderful details of your vacation with us! Our wranglers pride themselves on making sure our guests have the most fun they can without compromising their safety. I'm happy to hear that you had such a great time! We hope you'll make it back to see us and all our four-legged friends again soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

My husband and I just returned from a week at Sundance Trails with our 5, 8, and 11 year old children. The ranch is quiet and serene with plenty of unforgettable activities balanced with enough downtime to take a breath and soak in the views. The food was delicious. But what really made the week special was the staff. The kid's wrangler was sick the week we were there but the rest of the staff put in extra effort to accommodate my kids by either bringing them along on a family trail ride (even the five year old!) or allowing them to hang back and make cookies and play games. We loved every minute of our time there and hope to return soon!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank KimandChrisTampa_FL

We appreciate hearing from you, Kim! Our staff enjoyed getting to know your lovely children and we would love to have you back again soon. Happy Trails!

Reviewed 22 June 2017

The staff was amazing, always going out of their way to make sure your needs are met. When I arrived unfortunately I was coming down with a bad cough and immediately Bethany made me some hot tea which really hit the spot. She went above and beyond to make sure I was comfortable and even put a humidifier in my room. I liked to put honey in my tea and when I couldn't get it out Collin went to town and bought me a big jug of real honey that was for me to take with me, he also bought me some cold medicine. I felt so well taken care of and that they truly wanted me to feel better and so willing to help me out. The entire staff was always friendly and made our stay outstanding. Also I loved how we ate family style and the food was very good!!!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing these memories of your stay with us. Getting sick during your vacation can put a damper on your experience but I'm glad our staff was able to help you make the most of your trip! We hope you'll come back and join us soon for some more family-style meals and merriment.

Reviewed 8 June 2017

I had long dreamed of a dude ranch vacation, and Sundance Trail made my dream come true beyond all expectations! Ellen and Dan are wonderful hosts. From the warm welcome by Bethany and her ability to make you feel right at home from the start, to Rich, who went over the top to make sure we were all eating very well! (We got to collect our own eggs!) The family style meals were delicious!
The rooms were exceptionally clean and cosy, as was the ranch house and dining room. A short walk to the tack house and corrals, where also everything was extremely well maintained.
We enjoyed breathtaking scenery on horseback rides twice daily with the various wranglers, all of whom were very personable and capable, Although our wranglers on our first day, Danny and Sarah, were an exceptional delight to be with!
All in all, my family vacation with brother and sister, was left with no desire unfulfilled and I would highly recommend Sundance Trail! I really liked the fact that they are a smaller Dude Ranch which really gave you the feeling of being part of the ranch family in a short period of time!

Room Tip: We had rooms right in the main lodge and enjoyed the close proximity to all the action, and the view to the horses off our back porch.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Dan_and_Ellen_Morin, Owner at Sundance Trail Guest & Dude Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2017

Within minutes of your arrival, Karen, you WERE part of our ranch family. You, Linda and Gary just fit right in! And thank you for so many warm compliments! We're grateful for such a wonderful staff. Until next time, Happy Trails.