Sundance Trail Guest & Dude Ranch
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

My husband and I just returned from a week at Sundance Trails with our 5, 8, and 11 year old children. The ranch is quiet and serene with plenty of unforgettable activities balanced with enough downtime to take a breath and soak in the views. The food was delicious. But what really made the week special was the staff. The kid's wrangler was sick the week we were there but the rest of the staff put in extra effort to accommodate my kids by either bringing them along on a family trail ride (even the five year old!) or allowing them to hang back and make cookies and play games. We loved every minute of our time there and hope to return soon!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Dan_and_Ellen_Morin, Owner at Sundance Trail Guest & Dude Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We appreciate hearing from you, Kim! Our staff enjoyed getting to know your lovely children and we would love to have you back again soon. Happy Trails!

Reviewed 22 June 2017

The staff was amazing, always going out of their way to make sure your needs are met. When I arrived unfortunately I was coming down with a bad cough and immediately Bethany made me some hot tea which really hit the spot. She went above and beyond to make sure I was comfortable and even put a humidifier in my room. I liked to put honey in my tea and when I couldn't get it out Collin went to town and bought me a big jug of real honey that was for me to take with me, he also bought me some cold medicine. I felt so well taken care of and that they truly wanted me to feel better and so willing to help me out. The entire staff was always friendly and made our stay outstanding. Also I loved how we ate family style and the food was very good!!!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing these memories of your stay with us. Getting sick during your vacation can put a damper on your experience but I'm glad our staff was able to help you make the most of your trip! We hope you'll come back and join us soon for some more family-style meals and merriment.

Reviewed 8 June 2017

I had long dreamed of a dude ranch vacation, and Sundance Trail made my dream come true beyond all expectations! Ellen and Dan are wonderful hosts. From the warm welcome by Bethany and her ability to make you feel right at home from the start, to Rich, who went over the top to make sure we were all eating very well! (We got to collect our own eggs!) The family style meals were delicious!
The rooms were exceptionally clean and cosy, as was the ranch house and dining room. A short walk to the tack house and corrals, where also everything was extremely well maintained.
We enjoyed breathtaking scenery on horseback rides twice daily with the various wranglers, all of whom were very personable and capable, Although our wranglers on our first day, Danny and Sarah, were an exceptional delight to be with!
All in all, my family vacation with brother and sister, was left with no desire unfulfilled and I would highly recommend Sundance Trail! I really liked the fact that they are a smaller Dude Ranch which really gave you the feeling of being part of the ranch family in a short period of time!

Room Tip: We had rooms right in the main lodge and enjoyed the close proximity to all the action, and the vie...
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Dan_and_Ellen_Morin, Owner at Sundance Trail Guest & Dude Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2017

Within minutes of your arrival, Karen, you WERE part of our ranch family. You, Linda and Gary just fit right in! And thank you for so many warm compliments! We're grateful for such a wonderful staff. Until next time, Happy Trails.

Reviewed 4 June 2017

We didn't really know what to expect for a Dude Ranch Vacation, but this certainly was a wonderful experience that I'll never forget! The trails were fun! The scenery was amazing and the staff was so very hospitable! Bethany even remembered some of my picky eating habits while Wranglers Marisa and Josh were very personable and made sure that fun was had by all! Sadly the vacation came to an end, however I would love to return in the future!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends

And Ann, we'd love to see you and Polly again! What you call "picky" food preferences were no challenge at all. You we so easy going, and we enjoyed your company so much! Until next year, Happy Trails.

Reviewed 19 May 2017

Was so glad to return to this scenic mountain retreat! The good company, the home cooked meals, the horses, and the friendly employees were the Best! The fresh mountain air, the star-filled nights, and the hot tub was wonderful! I returned for the fourth time!! Dan & Ellen are the wonderful owners! ( Meals & morning horseback rides are included with quaint western room price!)

Room Tip: The "Eagle suite was lovely, but all rooms are nice!"
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo

Been to Sundance Trail Guest & Dude Ranch? Share your experiences!