“Very Good Dining Experience”
Review of Mozart Lounge

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mozart Lounge
Ranked #155 of 337 Restaurants in Pueblo
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Went with friends for Prime Rib Night, (actually served Friday and Saturday). Meal served with fresh backed bread, choice of soup AND choice of salad. All four of us had prime rib which was very good. Also had dessert, which was an excellent bread pudding. Very pleasant surprise, with great service and cozy atmosphere. Parking a little limited, so you may end up walking a block.

1  Thank Erich M

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We joined another couple for dinner on Saturday night. We were greeted promptly by Paul, the owner, and even though I had neglected to call for reservations, he graciously accommodated us. We had cocktails in the lounge area where the wait staff were neatly dressed and very pleasant. Our dinners were very good, the atmosphere was conducive to conversation even though it was a busy night and we had a very enjoyable evening.

1  Thank Marilyn R
Reviewed 24 July 2013

When we went in very gloomy, you could here staff cusing n running a muck in back. Paul the owner instead of taking care of his buisness, he was sitting at the bar drinking? Also the language the servers had and could hear everything. Had to send food back. Guess they do not know how to cook a steak. Green beens real tough and cold. Really disappointing.

1  Thank 08282010
Reviewed 31 October 2012

My husband and I had dinner with another couple on a Friday night. We arrived at 6 PM and the restaurant was half full. The decor has not changed much in 40 years but it has the old atmosphere that I miss with modern restaurants. It was nice to be able to have a converstaion with friends without having to shout at each other like you have to do in a lot of restaurants these days. Our waitress was great the entire meal. Three of us got the prime rib special and I got salmone. All were very good. You get a cup of soup, salad, bread, starch and a vegetable with your meal. For dessert we got the limoncello cake which was excellent. When we left around 7:30 PM, the resturant was full. The bar area was full too.

Reviewed 29 September 2012

The new restaurant is located across the street from where the old, original one was. Sabe Concialdi was the original owner, and his family came from Agnone, Italy, near Sant' Elia a Pianisi, from where my Riccillo family came. The Theatre crowd used to hang out there. When I was playing Romeo in a 1972 production of Romeo and Juliet, I used to stop for a beer, and study my lines in a corner booth. Sabe's Mother used to design and sew wedding gowns and my Grandfather, Samule Riccillo, a tailor, would do the formalwear for men. Ownership passed after the new location was built, to his son-in-law, Don Colalancia.
My mother and I visted it about six months ago under a new proprietor. They didn't know much about the place's history, but their food ws vey good, with complimentary wine from great servers since we were the only party that night. It still bears a great reputation for its prime rib.

Charles L. Riccillo

Been to Mozart Lounge? Share your experiences!