“Beautiful rural setting, lovely country cottage”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Hermitage Cottage

Out door garden terrace Hermitage Cottage
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Out door garden terrace
Hermitage Cottage
Queen size bedroom,luxury linen, bathrobes
Queen size bed,soft top,bathrobes
Queen size bed,soft topluxury linen
Queen size bed,luxury 1000TC linen
Large garden
Farm view,32ha(80 acres) to explore
Rainforest on property
Garden & Hermitage Cottage
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 7 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
A TripAdvisor Member
“Beautiful rural setting, lovely country cottage”
Reviewed 25 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Just an hour and half from Sydney, close to Kurrajong village. Quiet and fantastic night sky. John is a welcoming host and ensured we had everything we needed. Can highly recommend Hermitage Cottage for a weekend retreat or longer.

_gabor_sy...
Sydney, Australia
“Hidden gem in the Blue Mountains”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 for a stay in June 2014

I've registered to Tripadvisor to endorse this fantastic getaway place.
My wife and I spent a day in this great little cottage, it was a surprise present I gave her; we spent the day walking the nearby hills and relaxing in front of the fireplace (mostly the latter).

The house is situated in a beautiful valley, overlooking a small pond and lush green hills with cattle and wildlife wandering about, views are amazing from all around the cottage, inviting the visitor to explore.

It's the perfect getaway retreat if you feel like a break from your hectic city life like we did, and much closer than any other nice options in the mountains.

The hosts (living in a house nearby) are really friendly, nice people, they even gifted us with a pumpkin grown on the farm upon departure :)

We highly recommend spending your next break in this nice cottage, fantastic place.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
25 Jul 2014
We were happy to share our piece of paradise with you.
Lovely present for your partner.
Ken M
Elderslie, Australia
“spoilt by the hillsides”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

It’s not hard to be spoilt by the hillsides that cover the Hermitage Cottage. Hi, I’m Ken and I came here particularly to write, I gave myself three days expecting to be inside the entire time keeping warm, eating, drinking and typing.

I was met in the parking area by John, he kindly showed me around the cottage and gave me some hints; Kurrajong, a small village only a few kilometres down the road with enough shops to bide me over during my stay and the Seasons café had the best coffee.

As we walked around John pointed out that Peter had set the fire place up ready, all I had to do was light the paper. The details of this beautiful home can be found in the literature on the lounge side table. It includes photos and is a must read. I was absolutely fascinated by this 1914 structure and the history.

There is no restriction to the walks you can take around the numerous acres here at The Hermitage. I went for a walk every afternoon, visited the rainfall creek area on two occasions. The only distraction to this part of nature was myself. Writing is so much easier when you are totally relaxed.

I had lunch at the Seasons on the second day, and reported back to John, the coffee was wonderful……but, yes I had a but……the Sweet Corn Fritters had outdone the coffee and all this with a view. Lunch was a 10 out of 10 for me. And don’t we always forget something when we go away, not a problem here, with the village being just down the road. Thanks for the advice John.

I was extremely glad that time didn’t just wiz through, my three days here were unspoiled. It was a slow amble loading the car on the morning I was due to leave. Peter popped over from the shed to say cheerio. Nothing was a bother, house was warm, water always hot and I would consider this as my best stay ever for relaxing and writing.

www.hermitagecottage.com.au

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Relaxed free range of the entire property
Liked least: My time was up and had to go home
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Friends getaway Older travelers
stephanie...
Sydney, Australia
“The perfect country retreat-friendly, peaceful,beautiful.”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014

This is my second time staying at Hermitage Cottage with my young son, and I can only hope we get to stay again. What a lovely country retreat, and what a view from the bathroom! John and Peter made us feel so at home-providing eggs for breakfast and on hand for any dilemma that presented itself to this traveller. The sun was warm, as was the welcome. Thank you so much for our lovely stay.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view from the bathroom.
Travelling group: Young Children
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Management Response
26 Apr 2014
Stephanie, We are glad you your son had an enjoyable repeat stay with us.
You are welcome any time .
John & Peter
Richard S
“Just Right for a Relax”
Reviewed 17 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014
person found this review helpful

Our arrival at the Hermitage Cottage was a beautiful experience from the moment we were greeted at the gate to the goodbye with a gift of freshly picked persimmons from the trees by the creek.

We found the cottage to be more than described on the website. It is beautifully appointed with original artwork and as much as possible original fit-out from when it was built.

The atmosphere is one of old world charm with a good dose of tranquillity and gentle touch of the modern.

We had a generous supply of breakfast goodies, fresh eggs from the free range chickens that rambled about the place, wholesome bread and real coffee… that’s right…. real coffee.

Our hosts, John and Peter, were warm and friendly. We instantly knew that they took pride in the cottage that they restored. John and Peter were happy to see us wander through their farm, taking photos of valley views, visiting birds, the water features, the dew grass at sunrise and the long, long sunset.

We are planning to return late Autumn… we haven’t enjoyed telling stories around the cottage's fireplace yet.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing