Billabong Retreat Sydney
Hotwire.com
  • Spa
All reviewsyoga and meditationyoga roomlucky dipcommunal areas areoutdoor bathother guestsdeluxe cabinshort breakbliss ballsmindfulnessrelaxationtreehousebushwellnessaccommodationsydneynye
Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

I visited in 2017 from the UK as part of a trip to Sydney. I went alone and stayed in the communal treehouse dorm which was just next to the main ‘living’ area. I had an amazing time and would recommend the retreat to anybody. It was affordable, peaceful and inspiring. The retreat were really helpful in supporting my dietary requirements as a vegan, which wasn’t difficult as the food is all plant based anyway but I think eggs and honey were served, I’m not sure about dairy. The food was amazing and definitely something to look forward to. I enjoyed the communal aspect of the rest and the twice daily yoga and the workshops we had during the day. Many people swam in the pool, relaxed, read books, had treatment.

I really enjoyed the talk on gut health which I think is really interesting and important in the modern age we live in. Learning additional meditation techniques was great and gave me things to think about going away. Beautiful, clean, relaxing environment with a great host!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Jayde R
Basia N, General Manager at Billabong Retreat Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Hi Jayde,
Thank you so much for your review, we are so happy to hear you loved the different aspects of our retreat. We get lots of people that come on their own and they really enjoy the experience of being able to talk with other guests when they like as well as have quiet time to themselves. We hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Just returned from a magical 3 nights at billabong. I cannot fault it. My mother and I went together for the meditation essentials program. We stayed in the deluxe cabin which was so lovely- breathtaking views of the bush and the billabong and an outside tub on the balcony- bliss! Basia was incredibly knowledgeable and I learnt so many useful techniques for interesting meditation into my busy life as a working mother. She was also an excellent yoga teacher and I loved the sessions with her. The food was incredible - fresh and tasty and plentiful. The vibe amongst guests was so positive, many ppl were there alone and no one felt lonely, as the communal space and seating for meals was so inclusive. I had a massage and a facial which were also excellent. I will absolutely return and highly recommend this place to anyone needing some rejuvenation.

Stayed: January 2018
1  Thank Sheli G
BillabongRetreat, Manager at Billabong Retreat Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

Hi Sheli,
Thank you so much for your beautiful review! We really appreciate it and are so happy to hear how much you enjoyed your time here. We hope to welcome you back.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Billabong Retreat is totally sumptuous and relaxing. It is a place that brings you back to nature and all that is beautiful in the world. The team are delightful and caring while the food is absolutely delicious, fresh and filling.
From a wellness group session to a divine massage by Sheree, a swim in the magnesium Solar heated pool followed by yoga in a large studio with breathtaking views. This plus a delicious lunch and a great group of people that were staying at the Retreat made a perfect, relaxing getaway. Congratulations Billabong Retreat!!!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo

Hi Deborah,
Thank you for your beautiful review, it warms our hearts to hear how much you enjoyed your experience and that our staff were part of facilitating that. We seek to create an environment where you can connect with nature, deepen your connection with yourself and find wellness - we are so happy you received this and more. We wish you all the best with your journey and would love to welcome you back! Kind Regards,

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

My second new year retreat at Billabong and it definitely surpassed the first...which by the way was also great! Sarah was a brilliant retreat coordinator, Larissa was amazing too. In the kitchen we had amazing Simon & adorable Tash, both so good!

Great ambience, beautiful spaces!

Glad to see an infrared sauna in place!
The NYE ceremony and celebrations were fantastic!

Thank you & well done!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo

Hi Gloria, it was lovely to have you back with us again, we are so glad to hear how much you enjoyed the New Year’s Retreat for a second time. All the best for the new year and we hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

Huge thank you to Larissa & Sarah our brilliant yoga instructors and Simon & Tash who nourished us with delicious food. Such a beautiful bunch of people that cared for us over the 5 days. My room was basic (no hanging space or storage) but comfortable. All the activities i.e. yoga, meditation and entertainment first class. Amazing NYE ritual. Thank you everyone. I feel rested, restored and excited about the new year.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo

Hi Fiona,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We really appreciate it and are so happy you enjoyed the New Year’s Retreat. We are thrilled you feel rested, restored, and excited about the new year - that’s how we would love everyone to feel when they leave us. We hope to welcome you back soon!