All reviewsyoga and meditationyoga roomoutdoor bathother guestsdeluxe cabinbliss ballsmindfulnessbushwellnessaccommodationsydneynyeensuitemagnesiummandalas
Reviewed 4 June 2017

This was my second stay at Billabong retreat and we stayed in the tree house ensuite this time. It was comfortable and cosy. The yoga and meditation was awesome and the wholesome tasty food was something to look forward too after a long walk or simply just relaxing with a book. One observation though, the focus of the retreat is to have a relaxing and enlightening weekend. Check out is 9 am which makes the morning slightly rushed and not so relaxed otherwise perfect.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
BillabongRetreat, Manager at Billabong Retreat Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2017

Hi Conny,
Thank you so much for your review! We are so glad to hear about your returned stay and how you enjoyed the different aspects of the retreat. Because we welcome new guests from 2pm, we need to access rooms early so they can be cleaned for them. We do have the option to opt in for a late checkout if desired and include a workshop after you checkout to help keep the relaxing theme going. Hope to welcome you back again!

Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

Having just returned home from a 3 night stay at Billabong Retreat I feel somewhat lost for words to describe the experience.✨
On arrival I instantly felt relaxed in the peaceful environment, the sound of natureand the comfortable communal area.Afternoon yoga and evening meditation with Sarah - amazing, the following days ,yoga and meditation with Basia - a true gifted experience
The accommodation was clean and comfortable
The food prepared by the passionate chefs truly wonderful and nourishing .
Thank you to everyone at Billabong for creating such a lifetime memory and a truly special experience
I shall return to nourish my soul

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
BillabongRetreat, Manager at Billabong Retreat Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2017

Hi Tongil,
Thank you for your beautiful review, we are so glad to hear how you enjoyed all aspects of the retreat. We wish you all the best with your journey going forward and hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 14 April 2017

I visited billabong retreat with my friend and i when i first came it felt really nice but thats just the front of the wall. during my stay the beds were uncomfortable the food does not suit everyone the staff weren't to welcoming they didn't really show appreciation and time into conversations i ended up leaving the retreat is to close to the road. trucks and cars constantly always go down the road its not a very suitable location for a peaceful stay

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
9  Thank keirajanebeutyth2017
PaulvonBergen, Owner at Billabong Retreat Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2017

Hi Keira

We are so sorry to hear you did not have a good experience, particularly that you did not feel we showed time for you as connecting with our guests is one of our priorities.

We did get some feedback regarding a couple of the mattresses a few months ago and have since replaced them in all twin rooms. We would have been happy to move rooms for you had we known there was a problem.

Can you contact us to let us know when you stayed? One of our neighbours did some work to their drive in February and there was an unusually higher number of vehicle movements. We had given all the guests a free day retreat as our way of saying sorry but maybe somehow we missed you?

Anyway please get in touch so we can make this right for you.

Kind Regards

Paul & Tory
Owners

Reviewed 3 April 2017

This place is really special in so many ways. The setting is idyllic and tranquil. The food is delicious and healthy. The yoga teaching is exceptional - the teachers are attentive and supportive of all levels of experience. The massages were blissful.

The rooms are on the basic side, but clean and comfortable. I slept like a baby...

I will be back

Room Tip: I stayed in The Lodge. It's beautiful, with views onto the Billabong.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Rena C
BillabongRetreat, Manager at Billabong Retreat Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2017

Hi Rena,
So happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and thank you for such a beautiful review. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 2 March 2017

This was without doubt the BEST way to start my annual leave.
Fantastic Accomodation, friendly staff, yoga classes for all levels and all without the pressure of having to attend anything you didnt want to. Its just out of sydney but feels like a different world. The workshops were informative and fun, and the food...OMG...I am not a vegetarian but loved the food. I stayed 4 nights solo and was soo amazed by this place i will definitely go back. The billabong was soo nice for a leisurely swim. Cant wait to go back. NAMASTE

Room Tip: You can get a bath on your verandah. WICKED.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Brooke D
BillabongRetreat, Manager at Billabong Retreat Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2017

Hi Brooke,
Thank you for your beautiful review, so glad to hear that the start of your annual leave was so good!. We do want people to get what they need from the experience so I’m happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We wish you all the best and hope to welcome you back.