“Great dining experience”

Trapper's Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
Trapper's Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 178 Restaurants in Parker
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 2 May 2015 via mobile

We were looking for a nice steak dinner without the big budget.

I didn't even know that this restaurant existed. It is affiliated with the Holiday Inn and well worth a try. Had the seared tuna appetizer and the bone in rib eye. Delicious. My son had the NY strip and took advantage of the hot stone to cook it to his liking. I will try the stone next time.

Service was great. Cody was our server. He kept our drinks topped off and was good to explain how the hot stone experience worked.

Nice venue with a great view.

Prices were reasonable.

Overall a great dining experience.

Reviewed 17 March 2015

We always have fun here! Good food, good drinks, good music! Great for couples, family, or friends night out.

2  Thank Oneandonlywildrose
Reviewed 17 March 2015

Fancy over priced steak house worth going once. Best time to go is Happy Hour and get their Steak Bites appetizer, if you want the novelty of cooking your steak yourself on a hot stone then this place is for you. I prefer they cook it for me. Great views of the city and mountains.

Reviewed 17 March 2015

Slated as the "Best Steakhouse in Parker" apparently gives them the ability to overcharge on what can only be described as grocery store beef at a luxury price.

Tried the strip steak for $35. Loaded with salt, dry and by no means tender. Between the beef and a few vegetables on the plate, if you have high blood pressure or other medical problems, the sodium content will likely cause you to blow up like a balloon.

You're close enough to go to Denver for a better quality of steak (prime) at the same price. I seriously question the advertised size of the steaks. Without a scale, I'm guessing they are all smaller than stated. Better yet, go a few hundred yards to Chipotle and get a steak burrito. You'll save yourself a lot of money.

1  Thank Dimitrius1
Reviewed 3 March 2015

We were unaware when we made our dinner reservations that Trapper's was participating in Restaurant Week. When we go out to eat, we don't worry a lot about price, preferring instead to get what we really want. We were pleasantly surprised with the options available for Restaurant Week and a couple of us selected that option. We were happy we did.
We had never experienced the hot volcanic stone option for cooking the steaks. My son and I had a lot of fun doing that and really enjoyed having warm steak cooked to our own choosing. The dessert options were great. They had cheesecake, bread pudding and the chocolate cake. All three were delicious.
Service was outstanding.
We enjoyed it so much that we went back two days later. Again, an outstanding experience.