“Perfect!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Pagosa Springs
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Perfect!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2011

This was my first time in Pagosa Springs and I booked the hotel over the phone. The gentleman was so kind and helpful. Although I read reviews after I booked the hotel I started to worry...people have said some awful things about this place but they couldn't be more wrong as I later found out. My boyfriend and I arrived at the hotel in the early evening greeted by a very friendly and pleasant lady. Within minutes we were walking to our room which was so beautiful I was stunned. Everything was very clean and extremely comfortable. I stayed two nights while we went up to Wolf Creek for skiing. What a wonderful hotel to come back to after a long cold day on the slopes. The hot tub and sauna were extremely nice to thaw out. Not to mention the location is so close to all the good eats! Pagosa is a quite older town and the Pagosa Lodge was a wonderful place to stay. I recommend it to anyone who wants to be comfortable and happy! I sure was!!

Room Tip: I got a room with mountain views and my own patio...I recommend that!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank melody c

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2011

This is an older motel which was not a problem. However, when we walked into our room, it was a little more rundown that we had anticipated. Then we walked into the bathroom. It had a very strong urine smell. We cancelled our entire reservation immediately. Lesson learned: we booked this hotel online and their cancellation policy requires a late cancellation charge of one night. We cancelled anyway. We ended up getting a room at the Pagosa Springs Spa and Hotel -- VERY nice!!

Room Tip: Book through the hotel/motel.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Sca5lett

Travellers are raving about these Pagosa Springs hotels

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2011

We did not have reservations, we first stopped at the hotels by the springs-no vacancies were available. We then stopped at the lodge, they had an opening so I took it. They matched expedias price. The hallways did smell musty, but the room was very clean, no problems at all. After checking in I did call the alpine inn, they had a room available that had a fireplace and jacuzzi tub for a cheaper price so I would probably check it out. The breakfast was great though- and it definitely wasn't as bad as the reviews. I felt safe, room was clean and spacious. I would stay there again

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shawna L
durango,co
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2011

The owners, CK and Neel treat everyone like family. It's always a great time and everyone from the front desk to the bartenders are the best.

Room Tip: Talk to CK or Neel.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank mfh1usa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2011

For starters, none of the outside locking doors ever lock. All of the doors to the rooms look like they've been kicked in. The carpets are stained as if someone where murdered on the floor. The appliances barely worked, the shower had black mold, and the building LITTERALLY rocked back and forth. If you took a level and set it on the floor it wouldn't hold steady. I honestly felt that I would be murdered, and if that didn't get me, the building would collapse. If it's any indication, there where only 3 people staying there on a Friday. If you have any other option do NOT stay at this god forsaken hole.

• Stayed August 2011