All reviewshot springsroom was cleandirectly across the streetthe riverwithin walking distancefree breakfastbiscuits and gravylocation was perfectindoor poolstayed one nightdowntown areaorlamicrowave
Reviewed 21 January 2018

I have stayed at a few Quality Inns over the years and this is the nicest one yet. For the price, the rooms are huge, with a big screen TV, and very comfortable bed. The bathrooms were nice. The different people I met at the front desk were all courteous. The only downside is the poor sound-proofing. I could hear the TV in the room below every night, unless I ran the fan all night to drown it out.

If you want to stay in a nice, reasonably priced hotel in Pagosa Springs and either don't mind running the fan all night or don't mind noisy neighbors, then this is the place to stay.

Stayed: January 2018
1  Thank mikeS7619
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

Ice machine, refrigerator in room and air conditioner in room not working. Moved to another room same results. Cheaper than the springs resort by 100$/night and free hot breakfast but free breakfast I would have gladly paid the extra 100$/night to stay at a place where everything worked. When I called on my cellphone to ask about room phone not working and Ice machine out of order, I was asked if it was plugged in. I shouldn't have to make sure equipment is plugged in as a guest, that is not my duty, as far as the ice machine, I was told the maintenance person has been busy and couldn't fill the ice machine. Apparently they choose not to spend the money to fix the ice machine, rather fill it by hand whenever they get a chance. I was also told at check in that I was lucky they didn't put me in a king bed because for some reason when I made reservations they failed to put that I had a wife and 4 year old. Rather rude service, nothing works and we will stay elsewhere next time. Save a few pennies and deal with this place or spend a little more and get better your choice.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Q5577ODanthonyr
Reviewed 20 December 2017

I have encountered two different kinds of Quality Inns, newer built ones that are what you would expect from a national chain and older properties that need a lot of work. This facility is definitely in the second category. I knew I was taking my chances because I stayed at this property when it was the Oak Creek Lodge a few years ago and it needed a ton of work. The new owner has done a lot of cosmetic work inside, but the have not done near enough. I have stayed at some Quality Inn's I like a lot, but this is not one.

The lobby and rooms have been updated. The wallpaper, paint and furniture are mostly very nice, but the headboard was loose on the wall and some of the wallpaper on the exterior wall and column wasn't sticking. The bathroom sink, countertop and faucet were very nice, but the cabinet was old and delaminating. The shower had plenty of hot water. It was nice they had a separate table in the main room with a mirror for someone to do makeup while someone else was in the bathroom. The TV is big and new.

The first night our heater would not stop heating even when we turned the thermostat to the coolest setting on heat. We had to get up throughout the night and turn the wall unit off and on. We told the desk clerk the next morning and when we got back late that afternoon from skiing the heater was on full blast and the room was unbearably hot, to the point of melting the Andy's Candy's mints they left. The desk clerk showed the checklist that the handyman had adjusted the temperature but it still would not stop heating. They moved us to a different room across the hall which was inconvenient. If the facility had been more crowded, there could have been a problem.

In one room the bathroom door would not lock. In another room the bathroom door did not close properly. Most of the exterior doors to the facility don't' work right. One of the rooms was missing door stops on the wall and just the raw metal bracket was exposed. The linens and bedcovers were very nice, but the bed was hard and after the second night my back hurt. You know it's bad when the teenager complains about the bed. When I was that age I never noticed a difference.

The full breakfast is pretty good, but the dining room was unacceptably cold. I had to go back to my room and get my jacket. The monks in their orange robes had some very nice matching orange sweaters and knit caps while they were eating. The made to order omelette was generous and a lot of food. The rest of it was pretty typical pre-fab motel breakfast fare. The only two kinds of cold cereal they had were both sugar coated. The last straw was when the toaster only toasted one side of my bread.

Great location, lots of potential, but a serious miss. I got irritated all over again when I reviewed my credit card charge. They need to do a lot better.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank John K
Reviewed 4 December 2017

This hotel is right across from the street from the big hot springs resort, "The Springs Resort & Spa". It is right next door to the less famous "Healing Waters Resort and Spa" and also close to the "Overlook Hot Springs Spa". So location is great!

Hotel is obviously built a while back as seen from the outside and inside, but It has been nicely updated. Rooms were just fine and had a mini fridge and microwave. Room was clean and comfortable. We had a downstairs room and could hear walking above so you may want to get an upstairs room.

The rest of the hotel has some nice features. A nice sitting area with a big TV, a restaurant with a bar and a stage with live music on some nights. Food was great at the restaurant and service was good. Indoor pool was nice and warm. There is even a laundry if you need to wash clothes.

So is it like a brand new hotel, no, but it is just fine and the location makes it worth a stay. The spa hotel across the street was about 3 times the price in comparison (but also included the hot tubs), so a good option if you want to cut the costs down and go to the hot springs at the same time. Just be sure and add the hotel cost plus the hot tub cost for a comparison of the Quality Inn vs. the resort across the street.

Here is the scoop on the spas. The Springs Resort & Spa is by far the best. It has I think 23 different pools with different temps, one was 111 degrees. It also has a bigger pool for kids. There is also a hot tub right on the river. It's pretty crowded but we visited during a holiday. The water, along with the other two, is mineral water and does have a sulfur smell to it although not that bad. I liked it but it is quite expensive.

Spa number 2 which is next door has a fairly big pool and deep (for a hot springs) plus a smaller hot tub and an adults only hot tub. Definitely a step down in luxury if you know what I mean but less crowded and cheaper. They will let you check it out first before you pay. I didn't go but I probably don't recommend based on what I saw.

Spa number 3 is the "Overlook Hot Springs Spa". We were told it is on the other side of the river and in fact it is, but it is also on the other side of the main highway. If there is parking in front you can park there or you can park on the other side of Main street in a one way directional parking lot. This place has only tubs but has quite a few and are of varying temps. Some downstairs inside and 3 upstairs, 2 of them outside and one in an enclosure. The two outside ones overlook main street so if you stand up you can see downtown. They have some other areas with pools that are for adults only that we didn't check out (I think some are downstairs outside). This one is mainly for adults but you can bring children if they are well behaved. Less expensive too than the big spa. Recommended.

Room Tip: Recommend second floor.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Climb_Big_Bend
Reviewed 25 November 2017

This place is old and has been remodeled several times. Rooms are nothing special and I probably wouldn't stay here if it wasn't directly across from the hot springs and less than half the price of staying at the overpriced Springs Resort. The free breakfast was a little skimpy but they did have made to order omelettes that were pretty good. The other advantage of staying here is that the downtown area and several restaurants are a short walk away.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple