“Great food & service”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

First time eating here and we would go back.

We got there just before 6 pm and they had an Early Bird Special of a 6oz Filet Mignon with two sides. Steak had a great flame-grilled flavor, was wrapped in bacon, was very tender and cooked a perfect medium.

Save room for warm pumpkin pie served with pumpkin latte ice cream. So good!!!

Ask for Andi!!! She was great!!!

Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

Literally the worst food in Pagosa. Service almost as bad. There are many other restaurants in Pagosa that deliver a much better, actually edible meal.

2  Thank mountainbabe29
Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

We visited on Thanksgiving Day. We were so glad they were open, as very few restaurants were open. Our server was a bit overwhelmed and slow. But the food was delicious and servings were generous. Prices were fair too. My husband had the ribeye and it was seasoned and grilled perfectly. I had the BBQ platter. It was also delicious and I had to take half of it to go. But the steak was better!

Reviewed 13 January 2018

Great deals for seniors and locals. The soup and salad bar are a favorite of mine but I wasn't about to turn down a really beautiful steak.

Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

This is the second time I have ordered a hamburger from this place Boss Hogg's (I am a local and have eaten here too many times) and it was literally inedible. The bottom bun of the hamburger which had no sauce on it was soaked with water, or some kind of liquid, to the point that it just fell apart like it had been dipped in a bowl of water. The meat portion of the hamburger was grey, cold, and nasty. Flavorless almost, and I am no food connoisseur or anything, but this place needs to be closed down or fixed. I know personally that their kitchen is one of the dirtiest kitchens in the town. That aside, the people preparing the food need to pay attention to what they're doing. The first incident I had with a nasty burger was that I had a part of a black grill stuck inside of the meat. Imagine the grime, for lack of a better term, that a cook would have to rake off of the grill with a metal spatula or brush. That was what was inside of the burger. Obviously I threw it away. I have enough self control to have not called and complained, as I'm sure plenty of people have or would... I don't like having nasty food options in this town. All I want is for people to be conscious and care about what they're doing. If you hate what you're doing, stop doing it. Plenty of people have a passion for and understanding of food preparation and cooking. There are other jobs. I just want quality like everyone else. That shouldn't be hard to ask for when paying inflated "tourist pricing" in a town I or anyone else lives in. It makes no sense at all. It's like there aren't even standards anymore.

1  Thank Honesterin33