Econo Lodge(Pagosa Springs)(Great Value!)
US$131
EconoLodge
San Juan Motel(Pagosa Springs)
US$134
High Country Lodge & Cabins(Pagosa Springs)(Great Value!)
US$151
Hotels.com
Pagosa Springs Inn and Suites(Pagosa Springs)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$179
Hillside Inn(Pagosa Springs)
US$158
US$153
Mountain Landing Suites & RV Park(Pagosa Springs)(Great Value!)
US$162
First Inn of Pagosa(Pagosa Springs)
US$110
US$254
US$168
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 January 2013

We were so looking forward to our stay in Pagosa Springs and after finding the cabin we felt the trip was all set. After having traveled 14 hrs to get there we were greeted by an attractive cabin that was in a word "FILTHY". I cannot begin to describe my disappointment and disgust as the sinks had toothpaste smeared in them still and human hair was simply "everywhere you turned". The toilets still had residue of the previous tenants on them and the rugs in the bathroom hadn't been changed or shaken in what must have been months. Cob webs and dust were prevalent throughout the cabin (dust I can handle but human hair and grime I cannot). My wife was nearly in tears as we pulled back the bedding to discover sheets that had multiple human hairs on them and while I felt they had probably been changed it was apparent the washing process lacked much to be desired. They could only wish someone would actually have the audacity to steal the towels as it would be a great reason to replace the worn and tattered items. I hate to be mean but for $305/ night I expected something much more than what I got. I did not ask for a refund or any discount as that is just not my style. My only hope is that someone will read this and heed my warning to stay away as it is just not worth ruining your trip. If you have a wife who cares about cleanliness you will not want to make this mistake as it will certainly add grief to your experience.

Another thing I will mention while I'm at it is the endless list of "Fee Threats" for the extensive list of DON'Ts. I understand that sometimes people behave badly and there is a need for managers to impose some sort of guidelines in an attempt to discourage bad behavior but the list of what constituted bad behavior was excessive. For instance a failure to fully restock the firewood rack will merit you a $45 charge and the fee for leaving your porch light on (this disturbs other guests view of the stars they allege) will merit you a fee as well. The list went on on and on. It became a sort of family game to invent charges for things like leaving the fridge door open too long or doing #2 in the toilet etc etc........ We actually had some fun with this in a weird whacky sort of way!!

In general the term hospitality is something I feel the owners do not understand it become more about making sure they were not inconvenienced in any way during our stay than ensuring that we had a pleasant time. Our cabin was called the Camardo House and while we don't speak Spanish we felt certain the English interpretation for Camardo is "Filthy".

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank Daryl B
Reviewed 7 January 2013

Phenomenal trip! The cabins are tucked back in the woods and have all amenities you need for a week long trip. The kitchen is stocked pots/pans, glassware, cutlery, etc., it even had spices. Free firewood. Absolutely beautiful cabin and vistas. Mary was beyond accommodating and she even helped me out when my truck broke down.

I would recommend this place to anyone and I certainly will be back myself.

Room Tip: Check out Echo Lake a few minutes down the street. Great place for Ice Fishing!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 December 2012

We stayed here for a ski weekend when we had family visiting from Singapore. There were 7 of us, and we needed the option of a late afternoon checkout so my mother-in-law could stay in the cabin while we skied. Mary, the owner, was happy to oblige us as they did not have another party coming in. The beds were all comfortable, the kitchen well stocked, and the cabin was beautiful with stunning views. We stayed in the Stargazer - there's no bathroom in the loft where my husband, daughter and I slept, but we didn't mind going downstairs to share one of the 2 bathrooms there. With the natural wood floors and walls, the fireplace, the soaring ceiling in the living area and the large windows framing the evergreens and mountains, this place fulfilled our idea of a ski chalet We all got to be together and we could cook and enjoy meals together and relax by the fire. We will definitely seek out this place again for trips with family and friends.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2012

The cabins arr nice.. views and area is nice..
The cabins have to be cleaned. Cob webs and bugs everywhere in the rooms. There are no AC units just fans. Service was poor. We rented three cabins for 8 families. Couldn't even get extra towels when needed. For $300 a night I would have expected more attention to detail.

• Stayed: June 2012
5  Thank spatel7424
Reviewed 27 May 2012

This place is beautiful and very peaceful. The Stargazer cabin is very nice and is stocked with everything my family and i needed for a relaxing week. The management here is very helpful and kind. Being this close to Pagosa Springs is great, but i could spend my whole day on the deck looking at the amazing mountain view and watching the wildlife.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family