All reviews fire pit the owner fluffy pillows books and games hot springs in town older property recommending places to eat room was clean the river great owners mini fridge great room a great stay off road stayed nights queen bed
Reviewed 21 February 2017

Looked old and down from the outside but the room was clean fresh and seemed recently renovated could not complain about the room. Plenty of hot water and shower worked well. I was on the second floor at the rear and noise was minimal. Would stay there again.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Maurice S
Reviewed 20 February 2017

On the day of check-in, I called the hotel's front desk and let them know we'd be checking-in late. The employee working was very nice and stated he'd leave the room key and information on the front patio entrance since the front desk closed at 10pm. We arrived around midnight, found the key, instructions, and room, then went to sleep. Up until this, everything was good. Then our idiot neighbors, in room 18, returned from... (the bar?). The walls between the rooms were very thin, and they argued LOUDLY for over 90 minutes. I tried calling the hotel's front desk and was hoping that there would be an after-hour emergency number/contact, but there was not, so I left a message. After many more multiple doors being slammed by the idiot neighbors, I decided to then call the local police and they arrived ~20min later. I could hear the entire conversation between the cop and the idiot neighbor. I almost left the room to inform the cop know he was being lied to by the couple ("We of course aren't arguing at all! Everything is fine!"), but instead decided to wait it out. They then calmed down and went to sleep. The next day (Sunday) the office didn't open until 3pm so I couldn't talk to the front desk prior to leaving, plus I never received a call back to my message. Final verdict: room clean, front desk staff nice, paper thin room walls, and with an overnight emergency, no one at hotel to call.

1  Thank RyRyMB
TRL-Owner, General Manager at Timber Ridge Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2017

We are sorry to hear that another guest disturbed you by being disruptive. Please note that you did not leave your name, number or room number on the voicemail you left us, so we had no way of knowing who to contact. Also, we have managers who live on-site who are available for emergencies throughout the night, and a "Ring" doorbell out front that is immediately responded to when used. Since your stay, we now also post a sign on our front door upon closing the lobby each evening, informing our guests to ring the doorbell for after-hours emergencies. We hope your next stay in Ouray is a more peaceful one.

Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

This hotel offers everything you need for a good price. It's close to the hot springs which are closed for major renovation right now. The rooms are facing the highway leading in and out of Ouray. Since the rooms are only about 15 feet from the street, you'll hear every car passing by. So it's not really quiet. The rooms are a little outdated but again, it's cheap. So you get what you pay for.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Femtosecond
Reviewed 6 January 2017

My wife visited Ouray in November and loved the hotel. It's a short drive and not too bad of a walk from the town. Its actually nice to get away from the noise of the town especially during a large event. It is very close to the hot springs. The owner was very flexible with our check in time and left keys for us as we got in late. The staff is very friendly and was willing to help out if we needed assistance when planning our day in the area. The rooms are well kept and appear to have recent upgrades. At the time, Ouray received its first snowfall of the season and the rooms did well to stay warm. For the price this is an amazing value of a hotel. Highly recommend.

Room tip: Lower level rooms are preferred if you're lugging around a lot of stuff. There are no elevators.
Date of stay: November 2016
2  Thank tabangcora
Reviewed 3 November 2016

Front desk personnel was friendly and efficient. The room in the back was quit and it seems it had been recently refurbished. A bit bare, but nothing wrong with it either, It was clean and that is most important, The bed was comfortable, but as all hotels the sheets are too short.

Overall good value for money and we'll be back. 4 out of 5, but if given the option I would have given it a 4.5.

Date of stay: October 2016