All reviews fire pit the owner books and games hot springs in town older property recommending places to eat budget hotel the river great room a great stay off road bed was comfortable definitely stay here again stayed two nights an easy walk rv park
Reviewed 18 October 2016

When I checked in the Inn Keeper told me that I was getting a room that had just been updated. The Lodge was rated by tripadvisor. The room looked like a group of 7th grade industrial arts children had done the work. The bath room door open out into the room but the door stopper was mounted in the bathroom. The rustic wood door frames were not cut to fit and the wood bath room door was not finished, it was raw wood. The dropped ceiling was not installed very well and the metal pieces had been hit with a hammer and looked awful. The most overpriced room I have every been in.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
TRL-Owner, Front Office Manager at Timber Ridge Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2017

We are sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your stay. On this evening, we offered the lowest rates in Ouray. Upon checking in to the basic room you reserved, you weren't pleased with the location of the room, so we mentioned that we had a room that wasn't completely finished being renovated but was in your preferred location. You accepted the partially renovated room and mentioned no dissatisfaction until leaving a review here. If you had informed our manager that you were unhappy right away, we would have gladly tried to meet your needs and change your room if possible.

Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for a week for the 1st time and is amazing. The beds are beyond comfortable, the rooms are clean, romatic fireplace gives ambiance and they are decorated cute. The river is right out the back door so our door stayed open so we could listen to the water! The staff was was amazing and truly cared. We will stay here every time from now on! Great place to rejuvinate.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2016

Three years ago, I was camping near this hotel and needed firewood. The owner, Mike Buhler, provided some firewood for me and gave me great local advice (even though I wasn't staying at his hotel!) So last night, as I rolled into town needing a hotel, I remembered that experience and asked for a room. The price was very reasonable and the room - fantastic! They have recently remodeled the rooms. They are very tastefully decorated and the owners made sure that everything is top quality. This includes furnishings, linens, towels, bathroom fixtures, countertops, flooring - everything. Also - one of my peeves with hotels is when there are not enough electrical outlets or at least not where you can reach them (like right in the middle of the bed headboard!) There are plenty of outlets in these rooms for modern travelers needing to charge phones, tablets, laptops, cameras, etc.

In addition, they have a wonderful firepit in the back of the hotel. The owners take great pride in this place and I can't recommend it highly enough.

Room Tip: Recently remodeled rooms are the street-facing ones.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank aqsource
Reviewed 28 September 2016

We spent 2 nights here. No breakfast but enjoyed the walk behind the lodge along the river. There were places to picnic.
Room was recently renovated but the fragrance was too strong. Asked housekeeping not to use fragrance and second night was much better. Room was very clean and bed comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for newly renovated room. They may have been on first floor.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2016

I was pleasantly surprised at what a nice lodge this was. The owner was extremely friendly and helpful. My room was newly remodeled and very nice! This was a very nice stay. The room was quiet. They have a fire pit with seating out back where you can sit with friends and relax. Parking is right along the highway but it worked okay.

Room Tip: Get a room on 2nd floor in the back.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple