All reviews upstairs suite entire state catering business the owner hot tub great cook private bath main street other guests shared bathroom hiking trip fresh fruit ice festival excellent breakfast bed was comfortable two blocks english muffin
Reviewed 28 August 2017

Nice and warm (and educated) host, excellent breakfast - the best I have had so far.
Rooms are very clean and furnished with care.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone of my friends. Lucie

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Sara S, Owner at Secret Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Thank you! It was delightful to have you!!

Reviewed 26 July 2017

The B&B is right next to the Uncompahgre River and about 3 blocks off Main Street so that it is not only quiet (from traffic noise) but also you can listen to the whisper of the river as it cascades down the canyon.
Our room (king bed) with private bath was very large with a couch and fireplace near the west windows allowing for restful reading while listening to the river. The bed was comfortable with ample pillows and blankets. Interior sound insulation was superior and we never heard the other guests.
Sara provides for a social hour in the afternoon with snacks, wine, and beer. A nice touch. Breakfast was outstanding as Sara is not only the innkeeper, but she is also a chef and has her own catering business.
Our stay was so nice that we stayed an extra night.

Room tip: Pick the king room on the NW corner of the house as it has windows that open onto the river.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Sara S, Owner at Secret Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Thank you so much! It was a pleasure having you!

Reviewed 24 July 2017

Absolutely quiet at night, away from the nose of the main street. I was there while a jeep rally was going on and did not hear a thing. The breakfasts are wonderful - Sara is a gourmet cook and makes something as simple as French toast, infused with orange, be memorable. And she makes really good coffee.
Sara is a great hostess, friendly and accommodating. Highly recommended

Sara S, Owner at Secret Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Thank you so much! We appreciate you and your business!

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed just one night but it was such h a delightful experience. Our host Sara made us feel like a member of the family and the breakfast was wonderful. However, by far, we fell in love with the house and the location. It was filled with warmth and charm...Ouray is really the most "genuine" Colorado town in this part of the state...

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2017

I came here for photography purposes. Sara was welcoming and very hospitable from throughout the two-night stay. She is an outstanding chef and extremely knowledgeable in the area. I saw about 4 or 5 other groups come through the Secret Garden, and she was hospitable to all. She's prompt at breakfast and there at check-in times. I had a really relaxing time and felt very welcomed. Sara strives to accommodate her guests with reasonable requests. She gave me permission to hang around the house even though it was after check-out time because I was remaining in the area a bit longer. No complaints from me!

The decor is modern and up-to-date. This is a home, so don't expect a lobby for check-in. Did I mention the Tempurpedic mattresses?

• Trip type: Travelled solo