All reviews upstairs suite entire state catering business the owner hot tub great cook private bath main street other guests shared bathroom hiking trip fresh fruit ice festival excellent breakfast bed was comfortable two blocks english muffin
Reviewed 24 July 2017

Absolutely quiet at night, away from the nose of the main street. I was there while a jeep rally was going on and did not hear a thing. The breakfasts are wonderful - Sara is a gourmet cook and makes something as simple as French toast, infused with orange, be memorable. And she makes really good coffee.
Sara is a great hostess, friendly and accommodating. Highly recommended

Sara S, Owner at Secret Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Thank you so much! We appreciate you and your business!

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed just one night but it was such h a delightful experience. Our host Sara made us feel like a member of the family and the breakfast was wonderful. However, by far, we fell in love with the house and the location. It was filled with warmth and charm...Ouray is really the most "genuine" Colorado town in this part of the state...

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2017

I came here for photography purposes. Sara was welcoming and very hospitable from throughout the two-night stay. She is an outstanding chef and extremely knowledgeable in the area. I saw about 4 or 5 other groups come through the Secret Garden, and she was hospitable to all. She's prompt at breakfast and there at check-in times. I had a really relaxing time and felt very welcomed. Sara strives to accommodate her guests with reasonable requests. She gave me permission to hang around the house even though it was after check-out time because I was remaining in the area a bit longer. No complaints from me!

The decor is modern and up-to-date. This is a home, so don't expect a lobby for check-in. Did I mention the Tempurpedic mattresses?

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

We only stayed here one night but it was delightful. Sarah is a wonderful host and cooks up a good breakfast. The price was reasonable and below average for this area. The setting is wonderful and the location is in walking distance of everything but far enough off of Main Street to feel secluded. We had a shared bathroom but this worked well. Would love to stay here again.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

We loved our stay! Just one night, but we hope to come back. My twin daughters and I had the upstairs suite, and it was nice to have separate spaces. The rooms were nice and well-equipped. I opened the windows overnight in my room, and it was very quiet and pleasant. Sara is a lovely host, and we enjoyed talking with her and the other guests. The location was handy to Main Street.

• Trip type: Travelled with family