US$206
US$158
Ouray Chalet Inn(Ouray)(Great Value!)
US$197
US$221
Travelocity
US$170
Official Site
All reviewsupstairs suitethe ownerentire statecatering businesshot tubbed and breakfastgreat cookprivate bathmain streetshared bathroomice climbingother guestsfresh fruitenglish muffinsgas fireplaceexcellent breakfastice festival
Reviewed 26 June 2017

Beautiful Garden BUT the owner Sara is far from friendly. My daughter was married here last weekend. Many of the guest complained about how they were treated by Sara. Rude behavior was a common complaint. The couple had put a non-refundable deposit down and then all the hidden cost came out. Sara had led them to believe that she would work with their budget and when it came down to it she had her own ideas and would not work with them. The other guest of the house (the bridal party) swore they could not wait to check out of there and felt bad for the bride and groom for the way they had all been treated.

My advise to you is find another place but if you are considering The Secret Garden be sure to get your pricing down before any deposits are made. They are non-refundable and once she has that deposit she is a bear to work with.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank sextonshirlene
Sara S, Owner at Secret Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

I am sorry to receive this review, but I must say not surprised. I have a very thorough Wedding FAQ on my website which I require all potential wedding couples to read and fully understand and agree to before we even begin conversation. In part, the FAQ deals with policies and costs which we find it necessary to implement to remain a "going concern." The bride booked Secret Garden nearly a year in advance. I do understand that families' financial considerations and other circumstances may change during that year. However, my policies must remain due to MY financial considerations. The meeting with the bridal family a few months ago became more and more tense as it became obvious that our individual needs, and my clearly stated requirements, did not match up. NEVERTHELESS, I submitted email after email to the bride and her mother offering amendments to policies and prices in an attempt to make a set of compromises and agreements to satisfy their needs. We did eventually come up with a plan that satisfied their needs, if not mine. Due to the tension between family meetings and emails I will agree that I was tense and a bit nervous when the family arrived for the event. It is possible that I was not as "friendly" as they may have expected. I staunchly assert that I was not "rude." As the weekend progressed and the bride appeared to be more relaxed, I was able to feel more relaxed and I am sure that my affect improved. The only thing I will apologize for is that I was not able to make my worries and fears more opaque. The FAQ is on my website to try to avoid this type of situation. As I tell all my brides, "if Secret Garden is not a good fit, it is best for all if we know this before we begin negotiations." Sadly, in this case, Secret Garden was not a good fit for this family.

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

Secret Garden is a wonderful historical property that is extremely quiet and comfortable. My wife and I were in the queen sized room and had a shared bath. Excellent wifi. A large livingroom with gas fireplace was available for reading and/or conversation. The owner/chef, Sara, ensured that our every need was met and surprised us each morning with a homecooked 4 course breakfast! Sara was very helpful recommending places to see and restaurants to check out. Our three days at the Secret Garden were most enjoyable and will definitely return!

Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

Sarah really helped us in regards to stay. Situations came up in which we would have to change our reservation and she did so without any problem. Mind you this was in the winter when she seems to be a bit less busy. The master suite down stairs is well worth the cost as we loved the ambiance. Think of this as visiting a close family member who will give you your space. She is a great cook and we enjoyed everything about the stay!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank marcbrandt949
Reviewed 16 February 2017

Dinners at the Secret Garden after a day of ice climbing with Chicks are absolutely terrific. Sarah goes out of her way to feed us delicious and nutritious food and still manages to cater to everyone's food restrictions. Even while cooking at high altitude. Truly amazing. Very cute place!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Trudi_Alameda
Reviewed 12 February 2017

The food is absolutely fantastic and is made from the best fresh ingredients. Every dish was wonderful and so flavorful. Each meal was so unique and her salads has so many interesting and complex flavors. Luckily I was exercising all day so I could take full advantage of the food.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends