All reviews farm fresh eggs sausage cookies indoor hot tub eggs cooked to order rooms are large large grassy area waffles balcony overlooking green lawn amazing breakfast exercise room black canyon of the gunnison stay there again two queen beds great rate continental breakfast
Reviewed 17 August 2018

We went to see the Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park and stayed at the Red Arrow Inn. It was better than expected. Though old, the rooms were clean and well maintained and the staff was very friendly and professional. The big surprise was their free breakfast. Expected the usual type found in most motels, but this one was exceptional. Not only did they have the standard fare, but they had a cook who prepared individually selected fresh eggs, bacon, sausage and biscuits and gravy and then personally delivered them to your table. It was great.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

The hotel is clean and all staff are kind and helpful. Needs some updating but really lovely overall. Made to order eggs at breakfast is a treat. We accidently left a couple nice jackets behind in our room when we checked out. Staff called us later that day and offered to ship them back to us, we received them at home days later. I will definitely choose to stay here again the next time I'm in Montrose!

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2018

As other people have mentioned, the breakfast at this place is good and there is a gal working in the morning who will cook eggs the way you want them. Pricing for an evening stay is also reasonable.

The rooms themselves are rather average. We actually had to ask for another room when we checked in because the one they gave us didn't seem extremely clean and there was a very heavy odor in the room that made us think they had sprayed something to cover up something else...

We looked at two other rooms(and the staff was very friendly and helpful when we made this request). The room we settled on was much better and cleaner. The rooms were a bit dated. Beds were so so. It was quiet with very little road or neighbor noise.

They do have a small work out facility which we utilized. Our kids used the pool, but was pretty cold from what I understand. There was a hot tub a lot of people used.

I thought this was a Best Western when we booked it, but it's not anymore.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Have stayed there several times because of the friendly atmosphere. This time was not my favorite. We were awakened at 2:30 am by our smoke detector. Evidently, it wasn't just a low battery, the unit went out causing the actual alarm to sound until I could pull the battery. That can happen anytime but when I told the young lady at the front desk about it, the outside light that was missing a bulb (totally dark by our vehicle) and the non working microwave, there was no offer to make amends for a less than favorable stay. The room also had a very musty smell to it. The breakfast, however was as good as ever. Full country breakfast with farm fresh eggs delivered to the motel daily, I'm told. Always fresh and prepared individually to your liking. I'll stay there again, but it seems to be going down in quality.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2018

Although somewhat old it is in fantastic shape. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the staff was pleasant and met all of our needs. The highlight was the free breakfast that they serve. In additional items fund in most motels they had a cook that individually prepared fresh eggs and biscuits and gravy and served them to you at your table. It was without a doubt the best free motel breakfast I have ever had.

• Trip type: Travelled with family