All reviewswafflesgreat breakfast burritosbasic hotelbed pillowslocated directlyroom was cleanbottom floorthird floornew carpetcold cerealblack canyonwould stay here againcoffee makermcdonaldselevatorsupermarketmicrowave
Reviewed 10 May 2016

This was a wonderful room, much larger than other rooms I’ve stayed in lately. The window opened, which was great, because I love fresh air and the sound of crickets. The sink counter, which was outside the bathroom, was also larger than most so there was room to spread out personal items. The bathroom (bathtub/shower and toilet) was roomy.

There was a refrigerator and microwave, desk with chair, dresser and armchair. It was also quiet at night.

The pillows, however were rather stubby, and the stuffing was chunky. Fortunately, I always come prepared with a pillow from home.

If I am ever in Montrose again, I will definitely stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Kazi H, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2016

Reviewed 9 May 2016

This lovely and clean hotel was quiet as far as traffic noise but we had some "walkers" above us. (I've yet to find a noise-proof hotel!) Thankfully they didn't walk around all night. Loved the big rooms and lovely linen, and especially loved the small pillows. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The bed was really comfortable and we had a good sleep. Two double beds and a very quiet (rather soothing) air-conditioning. Microwave and small fridge, desk and chair, lamps, iron and ironing board, hairdryer were available. Wi-Fi worked well. I loved the shower. There were a loads of children staying that night and they ran the length of the corridor, down the stairs and along the next corridor, thundering as they went. Didn't last long but you have to wonder where their parents were. There was a pool and hot tub which were used, not by us. Off-street parking and elevator. Nice breakfast with fresh fruit and fresh food. I would definitely stay here again. Thank you for a lovely stay.

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor but try a top floor so there's no one above you.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends

Reviewed 22 March 2016

I do not like to give a poor rating in my reviews unless there is room for improvement. This has become a below average QI (See my review in from a couple of years ago). The rates are higher priced than they should be for the age of the furnishings and quality of the room. The pillows are the smallest I have ever experienced in any hotel. The rooms all seem to have an odor that smells a little like body odor. The rear door is broken, so you can exit, but have to go back around to the front to get back into the building.

Quality Inn has standards on how many employees must be on sight in proportion to the number of guests on any given night. The night I stayed the parking lot was half full. The morning staff consisted of one person who was responsible to check people out, keep the breakfast stocked and handle any requests. When I asked him he stated that they have failed inspections in the past and would fail on this day if one were to occur.

I have dealt with this employee before. He is most gracious, very helpful and will do anything to keep guests pleased. He started the shift when I checked in at 4 PM and was working when I checked out at 8 AM.

The breakfast is lower quality than found at most QI's. Eat early if you want food as they do run out of choices. The scrambled eggs are cooked fresh, but often run out. The meat that is supposed to be available is not meat at all but some kind of potato hash. There was no fresh fruit or pastry on my last stay.

They do have a workout room with four pieces of equipment. It is a small, crowded room, but it appeared that all the equipment was operative. I used only the elliptical.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
3  Thank Gregory F

Reviewed 17 January 2016

After traveling for what seemed like forever we cam einto this quaint little town and found this quality inn, we were able to get a room on the bottom floor as requested, rooms nice size, Very Clean, Has a Microwave and refirg, a couch and table and very cozy! Priced right! We woke in the morning to the smell of Breakfast.There was a nice Banquet Room with Table and a Very Nice lady Dawn who was making scrambled eggs, Hash and there was fresh coffee, Toast, Cereal, Muffins, Fruit and when the eggs and hash ran out Dawn continued to make more so all would be satisfied. She is a great employee with a Great personality, Very Knowledgeable about the area and Very Professional! We had a very comfortable stay and would definetly recommend this Hotel to anyone in the area looking for a Great Place to Stay.Dawn you were Great! I hope this Hotel thinks about making Dawn a Manager as she definetly knows what she is doing and how to make customers Happy! Excellent Customer Service! Priced Right! We were there in January 2016, Very Cold, Dress Warm!

Stayed: January 2016

Reviewed 5 October 2015

We got to the hotel at the end of a long day's drive from Denver, so we were ready to get out of the car. The room was fine, a typical Quality Inn hotel room. The guy at the desk was friendly and helpful and recommended a decent restaurant just down the street for dinner. We had a decent night's sleep.

The breakfast was powdered eggs, some sort of hash, cereals, make it yourself waffles, coffee and juice. The eggs and the hash were awful, but the waffles were decent. Coffee was ok too. Next time, I'd go somewhere else for a real breakfast.

All in all, though it was a decent value and exactly what you would expect: A decent room at a decent price.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple