“Not my favorite motel”
Review of Super 8 Limon

Super 8 Limon
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Limon
Reviewed 15 September 2017

On the surface, the Super-8 in Limon seemed okay. The bed was comfortable, pillows fluffy, flat screen TV easy to use. Then the next morning when I was going to take a shower, I was appalled to see that the tub floor was encrusted with filth...and the bottom of the shower curtain was grimy as well.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 12 September 2017

This hotel is in need of remodeling. The carpet and chairs in our room were dirty and stained. The tub is in need of a good cleaning with bleach and cleanser. The sheets on one of our beds had holes and the bed skirt for a full bed was from a larger size bed. Found two bugs in the morning - one of which was in my dogs water bowl. Breakfast was average - once the staff member finally got around to putting it out - which I had to ring the bell to inquire. No place to walk pets. Highway robbery for the price paid

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2017

We have been traveling cross country many times, staying in budget hotels mostly, including many Super 8s. This one was probably the worst Super 8 we have stayed in. Yes, it seems they are "remodeling", but the quality and workmanship leaves a lot to be desired. The wi-fi did not work, which is a big problem in today's world.All it needed was a reboot, which someone finally did in the morning. The toilet had not been flushed -yuck. The room was just a bit grungy, and we are not picky!!!If it had not been so late, we would have checked out and stayed in one of the newer hotels in Limon. The breakfast selection was pretty bad. Ending on a good note--the mattress was comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2017

As I write this, I am overwhelmed with the smell of urine in the room. Room 104. I've tried to cover up the smell with sprays, but it's just IN HERE . . . it's worst near the beds. Ick . . . makes me sick to think of what we're sleeping on. I usually check Trip Advisor before we book hotels, but we had such a lovely stay at Super 8 in Montpelier Idaho last night, I let my guard down. I don't usually even consider Super 8 or Motel 6 because for a few dollars more you can usually get a really nice room -- I need to keep to that rule of not staying at those low-end hotels without first checking reviews. My oversight!

Observations:
-- no pool or hot-tub here.
-- no complementary business area -- can't print anything.
-- no lock on exterior hall doors so the place is open all night (said locks are on order...)
-- no elevator
-- good WiFi reception
-- accommodating desk agent.

The office and entry area is dismal -- it just feels dirty overall. They allow pets -- have some dedicated rooms for them . . . I'd rather not share a hotel with someone's pets tho, so another reason to pass on this hotel.

Room Tip: I'd pass on this hotel -- choose a room somewhere else.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

The room was ok. But the bathroom had hair from someone else in it.

This is not acceptable. No excuse. I rarely have been able to give a poor review but unclean bathrooms is the best way to get two stars.

Management needs to crack the whip on staff here. I come through here every year and guranteed I won't stay here again unless the reviews change for the positive. Whoever checked the box CLEAN on this room lied.

Also the AC unit was off so the room was hot. And the unit does not blow enough air to cool the room very well. It took two hours before it pushed out cold air past the controlls!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple