“Different Name Now:”

East Buffet
Ranked #251 of 427 Restaurants in Lakewood
Cuisines: Chilean, Chinese
Reviewed 15 December 2012

Ths sign out front is now Super Buffet. It is a risky left turn to the parking lot from Alameda. The lot is a bit run down with weeds and trash. I thought the place was closed until I saw life inside.
Once inside the place had a strange seating arrangment with booths in the middle of the room. After observation, this made sence. People from either end of the booth could get up without disturbing others at the table.
The buffet was average for local Chinese buffets. It lacked healthy vegetable/meat dish mixes typical of buffets. There was a taco bar, and enchelads that were respectable. I got a real kick out of the Stove Top stuffing mix cooked in a mussel shell. It was quite tasty to my surprise. Everything I tried had a good flavor.
The server was efficient, and kept my tea glass full. I wasn't rushed, and checkout was easy.
The girl's room needed help BAD. It is too tight for three stalls; and the handicapped stall was way too narrow. The toilet seat nearly came off in my hand it was so loose. These are maintenance issues only. What was there was reasonably clean.
I would return to get the Stove Top stuffed mussel shells when I am in that area. I would take a guest there for the same reason.