All reviews each morning hot breakfast comfortable chairs awesome breakfast moment you arrive outdoor activities beautiful scenery rosie whitelock ministries san hosts retreat colorado fishing bonfire porch
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

We loved the short time we were blessed to stay at the Inn. David and Rosie provide an atmosphere that immediately makes you feel at home. The view cannot be beat and the time away from the busyness of most the overly populated areas of Colorado was exactly what we needed. Our 3 kiddos (11,9&6) never wanted to leave and are already begging to go back.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2018

What's to say? The views, the inspirational breakfasts, the hiking & exploring, the hummingbirds, the fishing...all merge for an amazing getaway experience. Rosie & David are consummate hosts, knowledgeable about everything happening in Hinsdale County and beyond.

Room Tip: Not a bad room in the place.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 August 2017

Not sure if there is much more I can say about this place that hasn't already been said but we were taken back by this place. Super cute and right near the lake with fantastic views. The place itself was very accommodating but the hosts David and Rosie were arguably the nicest people I have ever met in my life! An instant bond and friendship ensued! They cook an awesome breakfast each morning at no additional cost and would simply give you the shirt off of their back if that's what you needed. The cost to stay is also very inexpensive and you have access to County Rd 30 that gets you to some of the most beautiful scenery in the state. I could go on and on about this place and these folks but I think you should just come visit Lake City and spend some time with the Whitelocks yourself! Highly recommended and can't wait to come back to visit! Thank you so much David and Rosie!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

5 stars isn't nearly enough of a rating for what an amazing place this is to be a guest. You will leave as family! The owners Rosie & David are the most genuine, loving, and accommodating people we have ever had the pleasure to take care of us on our vacation. The views are breathtaking, beautiful rooms, and delicious comfort breakfast. Here you will find tranquility, and peace you while staying , it will refresh and renew you! You can get right on the trails within minutes, and Lake City is a huge playground for whatever your sport or pleasure is.
I came exhausted, broken hearted, and was losing my faith! I am forever changed as I had my faith restored, and my husband gained a spiritual awakening.
We will come here EVERY year to stay!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2017

David and Rosie Whitelock have established a reputation of excellence with their Inn at the Lake. From the moment you arrive and gaze across the large San Christobel Lake at five 14'er mountains, you realize you're in a rare and serene place. It is spectacularly beautiful here! David and Rosie will treat you with great warmth and sincere hospitality. The Inn has 10 rooms that can accommodate 4 people in each. Long, wide porches extend the length of both floors and offer comfortable chairs outside each room to enjoy the view. The rooms (with bathrooms) are very comfortable with Colorado mountain decor and very clean. Rosie serves a bountiful hot breakfast with an assortment of offerings. Both David and Rosie are very knowledgeable about the area and the variety of outdoor activities (fly fishing, jeeping, hiking, ATVs, etc., as well as award winning live theater and art.) Lake City is a throwback to the original days of this quaint mountain town with art galleries, gift shops and a great ice cream shop. Whitelock Ministries is well respected and loved by many people. At breakfast, David and Rosie provide their story of hardship, tragedy, blessing, and God's love. They are truly inspiring people. If you are looking for a calm and beautiful place, this Inn is a wonderful retreat! Creed is an hour away over the Continental Divide and Ouray or Telluride are driveable in a day. All offer gorgeous scenery and charming Western mountain towns. Lake City is an hour south of Gunnison, Colorado.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple