All reviews keystone lodge valet parking loft room valet staff conference center steam room spiral staircase ice skating big horn ski check relaxation room shuttle service free shuttle pizza place the river minute drive off season
Reviewed 5 February 2018

I visited Keystone for a conference two weeks ago. Due to the weather, my travel was delayed, so I called to confirm that I would be a late checkin, and to not give away my room. Upon checkin at 12:30am, my room had been given away. I was greeted with a dumbfounded look and little sympathy, "sorry, we have no more rooms this evening". The receptionist then began to look for a room, and found me a private condo at Montezuma, a 10-15 minute walk. Two things: the shuttle service had finished for the evening; and I had to switch rooms halfway through the conference because the room wasn't free for the full 5 days. Begrudgingly, the receptionist called the security staff to give me a lift over to the condo, however he didn't give me the right key. Luckily, the security staff noticed that my key did not work before driving off in the snow storm. So, I hoped back in the truck and he drove back to the lodge, changed the key, and drove me back to the condo. This was my checkin experience.

It turns out that the receptionist failed to book me a room for my last nights stay! I realized this the night before my room change, when asking the new receptionist where my new room would be. This receptionist took ownership of the problem and found me a room even though the hotel was fully booked. I had to miss conference presentations to then checkout of my condo by 11am, and then came back to checkin to the new room 3 hours later.

During the latter part of my stay the receptionist said that he would look into compensation for my troubles. The result? 50$ of "Mountain Money" given on the afternoon of my last night’s stay, to be used at only certain establishments, most of which a 15 minute shuttle away. My total hotel costs? 1150$ (4.3% discount paid in mountain money). Horrible.

One week later, I’m filling our travel claims… it turns out that they charged me 35$ more at checkin for the condo without telling me, even after I confirmed that it would be the same rate. Now my mountain money compensation is 1.3% of my stay – wicked.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Dave12584
Reviewed 2 February 2018

After skiing, we packed our bags, and went to the Keystone Lodge. We went in the outdoor heated pool, then relaxed in the outdoor hot tub and then to the steam-room and the sauna. We all then showered right there and went to the restaurant for dinner which was delicious!

Date of stay: January 2018
Angela A, General Manager at Keystone Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Greetings Marianne and Thank you for the wonderful 5 out of 5 review of the Keystone Lodge's, Spa and Bighorn Restaurant! Sounds you all very much enjoyed the relaxing après ski amenities! We hope you have the opportunity to return again.

Reviewed 27 January 2018

Stayed at the Keystone Lodge & Spa after Thanksgiving 2017. Overall we were very pleased and felt that the resort is terrific value! Staff was very friendly. Common areas are nice including the pool and spa - which I thought were terrific. The shuttles that run to the ski areas down the street are convenient as well. The only thing I would hope they do is some renovations to the room. They are a bit dark and old-ish. A bit of peeling paint and worn out carpets. Not a big deal really but just an observation for the hotel. All in all - I would highly recommend this in the $150/night range - which is where it is during the ski season.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Angela A, General Manager at Keystone Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

Dear YankeeFan1980!

Thank you for the 4 out of 5 review of your stay this past Thanksgiving Holiday at the Keystone Lodge & Spa.

We very much appreciate the nod to the terrific staff and the great relaxation you felt of the hotels amenities of the pool and spa onsite as well as the convenience of the direct front door of the hotel to Gondola!

We are always seeking opportunities of updating and improvements and do so yearly, we thank you for your observations as relayed.

Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

We flew in from out of state and were looking for more of a hotel experience vs condo and something that would provide a retreat from the busier River Run section of Keystone...this did not disappoint.

We stayed in a loft room with our two kids. It was nice having our own space/TV when we were winding down from the day. The only downside to the loft was having to get our luggage up the spiral staircase. Room was very clean and house keeping great.

We really enjoyed the bar at the Bighorn restaurant. Felt comfortable eating there with kids, food was great, and the happy hour from 3-6 made was a great deal.

I liked that the lodge was removed from the craziness of a River Run. The ice skating right out back was a nice amenity. We also did the scenic sleigh ride which departs from the activity center. I used the gym and took a free yoga class. The staff was super friendly and bus system great. The only thing I would change was the spa pricing. It just seemed exceptionally high to me, and I live in a resort town.

I would definitely stay here again if I find myself taking another trip to a Keystone.

Date of stay: January 2018
Angela A, General Manager at Keystone Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Dear Rebelee,
Thank you for selecting to stay at the Keystone Lodge & Spa for your ski getaway and for the wonderful review of your stay. We are pleased that your choice in our Loft Suite Room was spacious for your family and relaxation area's for all after the fun-filled days. We appreciate you also sharing the great experiences you had with our Gym, the Complimentary Yoga at Studio K and of course the Bighorn Bistro and Bar.
Thank you for considering to return on your next visit and please feel free to call upon our Hotel's Concierge to assist in that planning.

Reviewed 28 December 2017

The Keystone Lodge & Spa is conveniently located about 5 minutes from River Run, right off the main road to Keystone. The hotel provides ample free parking (across the street, but connected to the hotel via tunnel) and a free shuttle to River Run. The hotel features a full service restaurant, spa, outdoor pool (open during the winter), and two hot tubs (one of which is outdoors). Basically the hotel has everything you’d expect in a full service ski town hotel.

The front desk staff is fantastic—friendly, helpful, and professional. The hotel has a non-smoking policy; however, our original room reeked of cigarette smoke. To their credit, the front desk staff was able to quickly give us a room that didn’t smell like an ashtray, but it was disappointing they didn’t identify the smoke stench before we checked in to the room.

The rooms are decorated very appropriately for a mountain resort, with lots of wooden appointments, but with all the modern amenities you’d expect from a luxury resort (large TVs, free Wifi, plugs next to bed, etc.). The bathrooms are large and pristine. Everything in the room is clean and comfortable. Also, all of the rooms face the mountains so you get an incredible view no matter where your room is at.

The free shuttle to River Run is a nice perk as it allows you to easily access Keystone. Our shuttle driver needed to brush-up on his customer service skills, as he was more concerned about telling guests about rules and policies than providing great customer service.

Overall, the Keystone Lodge & Spa is impressive and a stellar place to stay. The location, rooms, friendly staff, and amenities are all top notch. The room smelling like smoke and a slightly annoying shuttle driver were just minor issues in an overall enjoyable experience.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Bill W,
Thank you for taking the time to share such an impressive Trip Advisor Post about your exprience with us on the ski holiday at the Keystone Lodge & Spa.

We are absolutely thrilled you had the opportunity to interact with so many staff members, enjoy the amenities of the Lodge & Spa as well as so many of the Resort activities.

We hope you find yourself returning soon!