“More coffee, please!”

Pierre Michel Organic French Bakery
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 13 May 2016

My husband and I had breakfast at this local spot. We have said many times, "We should try it!" I am happy that today we finally did. When you enter, you see a case full of various pastry items. They are amazing! I didn't take any pictures. But, if you go to the restaurant's Facebook page, you can see a sample. I ate too much today. But, I will be back to buy a pastry for sure! We both ordered scrambled eggs on a french baguette. Next time we will share, as the portions are huge. This is the most amazing breakfast sandwich I have ever eaten! I chose one with mushrooms. My husband had bacon and spinach in his. Yum! The only complaint, if it could even be called that, is that they didn't make frequent rounds offering coffee refills.

1  Thank sharona717

Reviewed 8 May 2016

Finally, got around to locating Pierre Michel French Bakery after they had moved. I want to pick up pastries for desert. I choose two chocolate pastries which traveled well and were very good. My friend kept the box so she could write address down. I picked up pastries around 10:30 am and the selection was excellent.

Reviewed 29 April 2016

We had a reservation for 6 for 11 am and had to wait a few minutes to be seated which wasn't a problem. That was the fault of the folks that lingered at the table. But once we were seated the service became extremely slow. A long time to get water, a long time to get drinks. My coffee was luke warm by the time it reached the table. I sent it back. Took about an hour for our food to be served. Good food in large quantities but it didn't make up for the slow service. Being a party of 6 they automatically added a 20 percent tip. Being a group of 3 couples being in good moods, no one was going to be picky about the bill. But it left me disturbed that they would add that tip when the service was poor. There were free refills on the coffee. Our waitress didn't seem interested in checking on our table. Maybe she was very busy (but I saw her standing around) or maybe she knew that a table of six meant an automatic 20% tip.

1  Thank sunsetviewer
Reviewed 26 April 2016

The first time I ever left the country for travel, at the age of 42, I went to Paris was in 2011, with my girlfriend whom I proposed to on the Eiffel Tower. On that trip, I ate a Croque Monsieur every chance I had. I loved that sandwich. The best one was at a small cafe near Notre Dame. It was amazing, and for a long time, I yearned for another Croque Monsieur from that cafe.
Then I found Pierre Michel. At the time it was on the corner of University and Highlands Ranch Parkway (it has since moved to Wildcat near Thunderridge High School).
The first time I went there with my new bride, I ordered the Croque Monsieur (with an Orangina). I hadn't even finished chewing my first bite when my wife asked me if I was ok. Apparently, tears swelled in my eyes as I tasted the so very authentic sandwich (and memory) of the best Croque Monsieur in the world.
The price was just a tad more than we usually pay. But for the service, the wonderful food, and the experience of authentic (and organic) French food, I highly recommend it. We have been back a couple times a year since then (we are teachers so we don't eat out very much). Please go. You won't regret it. And you HAVE to try one of their many pastries (including the cronuts).

Reviewed 22 April 2016

This sweet little bistro offers a variety of great organic pastries baked fresh everyday, as well as, wonderful breakfast omelettes and lunches. The portions are generous, the coffee good, and, the food rich. This is a family-owned place with warm and hospitable service. Its a great break and far from the ho-hum fare of chain restaurants common to this area. The breads are crusty and far better than grocery store fare. Eating here feels like a mini trip abroad.