“Skip the poor service and bad food”

Fujiyama Sushi and Hibachi
Ranked #27 of 146 Restaurants in Highlands Ranch
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lucent Blvd and Highlands Ranch Pkwy
Reviewed 29 September 2016

My daughter and I went for dinner. We did not do the hibachi or sushi, so I can't speak to those dishes. She had teriyaki chicken and I had chicken tempura. Her meal came out in about fifteen minutes. I was able to have some of hers, as mine didn't come out for another 40 minutes! Who does that?

Anyway, her teriyaki chicken was easily the worst I have ever had. It literally was so bland it had no taste. Between the two of us, half was left on the plate.

My tempura also was terrible. Again, literally no taste. Yes, it was crunchy, but the chicken was not tasty and the vegetables were like paste.

Of course, we were charged full boat for everything (including $2.50 for fried instead of white rice), even though my meal was 40 minutes later than my daughter's.

We'll skip this one in the future, even though it is quite convenient.

Date of visit: September 2016
1  Thank 128Countries

Reviewed 18 August 2016

I was in the mood for Sushi, in my visit to Colorado and found this place that has an excellent Sushi Bar, everything is prepared to order. I suspect the Sushi master aren't really Japanese, but that didn't impacted the quality, They have some unconventional types of Sushi combined with the traditional one. I really enjoyed eating there.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 24 July 2016

My extended family of ten people go here regularly, always with an early reservation on the sushi side. The hostesses try to put us at a habachi table without fail and don't seem to believe us when we say our reservation specifically was for the main dining room. However, we are most irritated that they insist they cannot seat us until our entire party is there, even though it is 5:30 and there is maybe one couple there in the huge dining room. We were missing two people, our daughter with her baby, who arrived five minutes later, so we said that was not ok and we wanted to sit at our table and order drinks. She said she can seat us if we know what the missing people want to order. Also, the table is not ready at 5:30 and they are scrambling around like this is the first time they have had a large group. Ridiculous!

Waitress takes our drink and food orders in a haphazard manner and then doesn't know where to deliver the plates.

The food is always good, which is why we return to this restaurant. It is also in a convenient location for our large group coming from different cities.

Improvements in service would result in more return customers. The woman bartender is great.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 13 July 2016

Several trips to Fujiyama, the hibachi food is very inconsistent, over spiced one time and very good the next. The Chefs are somewhat entertaining but often go over the top to be funny. On my last trip there was old food around the edges of the grill, not too appetizing.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 11 May 2016

The sushi and hibachi is awesome here. The biggest downfall is the constant "birthday music" that keeps going off in the hibachi area.

I prefer to sit at the bar here. The bartender is cool and friendly.

Food is very good, now if they could only get rid of the stupid music.

Date of visit: May 2016