“Yummy!”
Review of The Shaggy Sheep

The Shaggy Sheep
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Grant
Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

I was in the area with some friends and saw this cute restaurant off of 285 so we decided to stop for lunch.

Upon entering, we were greeted warmly, seated immediately, and were asked what we would like to drink. When our server came back with our drinks, she took our orders. My friends ordered sandwiches and salads and I ordered the carnitas tacos with upgraded carnitas french fries smothered in green chile.

Our food came out quickly and tasted so delicious. About midway through my lunch, I decided to get an arnold palmer because their lemonade looked so good.

When we asked for separate checks, our server didn't bat an eye, which is great because some places frown upon separate checks. And although the register was at the front, our server was proactive and took our credit cards without us asking.

The food is wonderful and the service was even more amazing. If you're in the area, you need to stop by!

Reviewed 18 June 2018

My wife and I were doing a scenic loop on 285 and were lucky enough to stop at the Shaggy Sheep for a great lunch. Service was awesome, and the food matched. Everything was stop on. Very impressed. If you're in the area, do yourself a favor and stop in for a bite and a beer.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

The Shaggy sauce is amazing. The Shaggy Sheep is an amazing hidden gem you should make a special trip to taste.

Reviewed 19 May 2018

The burger was extremely good and the roasted potatoes were also exceptional. The service was good too. My big complaint was the price which I thought was quite expensive for road side place on the way to or from someplace else. When I sat down, I was informed the "protein" doesn't come with any sides. So the $9 burger was just for the burger, add another $1 for cheese and I made the mistake of asking for grilled onions instead of lettuce and tomatoes and was charged without warning another $1.50 for those. Really? Now I'm up to $11.50 for a cheese burger, then add in the very small side of roasted potatoes for another $5 and $2 for an iced tea plus tax and tip and I'm looking at almost $25 for a burger, fries and a drink. Ouch! Thank heavens it was a really delicious meal, otherwise, I would have been really upset. The menu on-line wasn't the same menu I was given, it looks like lunch might be more reasonable but I can't say. I was there at 5 so I was on the dinner menu. The food was quite good so give it a try but be prepared to drop some coin.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Do it. Slow down. Pull over. Get out of your car and enjoy the delicious food and hospitality of The Shaggy Sheep. We’d driven by to/from outdoor adventures and finally said “let’s do it!” And wish we had stopped every other time we passed by. Truly great food. We had the burger and short ribs and we both loved every bite of our meals. The chef knows how to use just the right amount of seasoning to bring out the amazing natural flavors of the fresh ingredients used. French fries that actually taste like potatoes! Can’t wait for our next visit.

Been to The Shaggy Sheep? Share your experiences!