All reviews breakfast buffet indoor pool shower head would stay here again great price an older hotel fridge and microwave large room staff was friendly road trip airport lounge shuttle interstate monument pet denver
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

While this hotel is working toward updating it was not yet at 3 1/2 star rating for me... beds, yes.. very comfy. Decor and other furniture no. The room smelled musty because the AC is ancient and everything just fell short of my expectations for the money. Recommendations for future updates... kueregs for coffee, new furniture, more modern decor.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2018

This place is allways clean! The staff is friendly! And the rooms are comfortable! I hesitate to write a glowing review of this place because then everyone will know our secret special hotel and it will be crowded. But I just had to do it!!

Room tip: Great views and close to the airport!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2018

When we walked in all was okay but no one said anything until I was all the way to the counter and even then it seemed like it was a burden that we were there. Then the elevator wasn't working. They were beautifying it but I thought should be done after a big weekend like Labor Day. When I came down since I had forgotten my razor at home, the main woman said we have a shop right there. Yes I know you have a shop right there but most hotels have a little sample if you have left something. No I am sorry or anything or even acted like she cared AT ALL. I ended up spending 2 dollars on one and while I was patiently waiting for the lady at the front desk to help me instead of the main woman saying she will be right with you, I am closed out she just sat there and picked her teeth. NO CUSTOMER SERVICE. I should know, I was in the Hospitality Industry for over 20 years (operations and sales-Opening Manager and Regional Director of Sales at the end of my career). AND I had left something in the room the last time I was there and left a message for the housekeeping saying when I would be there, my phone number and when I was coming back (yes this is my 6th time coming back there) and nothing, no phone call to tell me that they didn't have it. I had called the month before and left a message for the Sales Director about it too. No phone call.
I will stay there again because of the bed and suite and etc. but I so hope that the customer service gets better. You could make the rate so much higher in my opinion if that were to happen.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2018

I stayed here for one night and was treated like a president. Seriously. I happened to stay on karaoke night. I did not perform but when I checked in I met two extremely friendly front desk employees. I joked about booking the presidential suite and as I was walking away from the counter, Ashley stated, "We put you in the presidential suite." I laughed it off until I got to room 602 and it was the PRESIDENTIAL SUITE. I never felt so important and I didn't even have to sing karaoke. One of the elevators was broken, which slowed down getting upstairs, but I took the stairs a few times. The furniture in the suite could use some updating. The sofa/chair combo looks like it was taken from the set of The Golden Girls after it was left out in a Florida hurricane. The bed was VERY comfortable and the hotel was extremely quiet throughout my entire stay. There are shutters on the windows in room 602. I don't know if each room has shutters on the windows, but SHUTTERS! I was highly impressed. The front lobby is warm and the staff is extremely fun and made a night away from home feel special.

Room tip: Ask for the presidential suite, you just might get it.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 28 August 2018

This is my yearly destination when we come to Race in the Lands End Hillclimb-The Property truly represents a Colorado Icon. Love the food all round and the Bar has a great feel and is always filled with locals and interesting travelers which is great conversation and inviting, not a Millennial hipster place which I love, or "yo dude.
Renovations going on now and rooms are very updated but has not taken away from the warm feel at all and the VIEWS..Go see for yourself!..See Ya next Year!!

Room tip: all but best facing the Grand Mesa..
  • Trip type: Travelled on business