“Outstanding!!”
Review of 626 on Rood

626 on Rood
Reserve with OpenTable
626 on Rood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$10 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Seventh St.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and were visiting GJ and had dinner here Saturday night. What a pleasant surprise. Everything was perfect from the hostess, our waiter Curtis, the food, the wine selection and the atmosphere. My wife and I shared the Peach Habernaro Calamari appetizer, wow! Excellent and very creative. I had the Flat Iron Steak Salad, another home run. The Chimichurri sauce on the steak along with the Farro and fresh mixed greens with the blue cheese was an amazing flavor profile. I could tell the steak was cooked by sou vide as it was perfect! Curtis was outstanding and made our evening fun!
Highly recommend!

Date of visit: November 2018
Brenda W, Owner at 626 on Rood, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for the wonderful write up, we're thrilled you and your wife had a great experience with us. We'll make sure to pass along your compliments to Curtis as well, he'll appreciate them. It was our pleasure, come backs oon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The food here is excellent, the wine selection is one of the best anywhere. I wish they were still open at lunch. Dinners are great and the lamb is excellent. The only draw back is it is noisy

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This was the first "nice" restaurant I went to when I moved to GJ. It was so disappointing that I was literally depressed that if that was one of the nicest, I would have to leave town to get good food. I ordered the lobster with quinoa. The lobster was over done, over priced and overly small. When the waitress asked how I liked it I told her the lobster was over done and the quinoa tasted lie low tied. All I got in response was, "Oh, I've never heard that before". I shouldn't have to ask the restaurant to do the right thing. I will never go back.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

We were spending the night in Grand Junction, just traveling through, and ended up very pleasantly surprised at the level of creativity and talent the chef displays at this restaurant. Also the staff was terrific too. All in all, it was one of the best dining experiences we’ve had (and we are from a foodie area of Northern California and travel quite a bit too). The South African flight of reds was yummy and fun. The beet salad was the best we’ve had any place. The plum curry vegan scallops were perfection and very creative. And the chocolate pear bread pudding was delish. If we ever return to Grand Junction we will return to 626 on Rood also.

Date of visit: October 2018
Brenda W, Owner at 626 on Rood, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2018

Hi, thank you for the great review and for stopping by. We're thrilled you found your way to 626 during your travels. It was our pleasure having you and we would love to serve you again if you ever find yourself in Grand Junction a second time. Thank you!

Reviewed 14 October 2018

Small cozy place with a very friendly staff. The lamb I had was as good as or better than any I have ever had - GREAT!

Date of visit: October 2018