“Worth Every Penny!”

The Winery Restaurant - Grand Junction's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The Winery Restaurant - Grand Junction's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 304 Restaurants in Grand Junction
Price range: US$25 - US$70
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 7th Street
Transit: In front of the building on Main Street.
Description: The Winery Restaurant is a icon of Grand Junctions restaurant community. Since 1973 it has been located down a grapevine canopied breezeway in the Historic District of Downtown Grand Junction. The Winery Restaurant Features dry aged and aged steaks, fresh seafood, local wines and wines of the world in a elegant atmosphere unique to Grand Junction.
Reviewed 21 October 2016 via mobile

This restaurant was the absolute best dining experience I have had in the last 20 years. From the quaint courtyard with the grapevines growing overhead from building to building, to the moment you walk in and are greeted by Deandre, who engages you with true conversation and concern of how your day is going, wow! The decor is classy and comfortable, the wine list is extensive, the service is beyond comparison and the menu absolutely melted me.
We ordered the bacon wrapped scallops and the calamari, wow!
I had the NY Strip, simply the best steak ever, perfectly seasoned, prepared, and the presentation was superb. Our waiter, John, provided us with excellent service and recommendations with class and passion, you just don't see these days. Brooke, made sure our water and bread never got low, with stealth-like attention!
The chemistry in this restaurant is very apparent, the whole staff shares the passion and vision of the owner, Steve, who very appropriately stopped bye our table and made sure we were completely satisfied with our meal.
Yes, for a dining experience like this for two people, approximately, $150 range, it truly is worth every penny. I have been back every week this month! lol
Yes, The Winery is our go to restaurant!

Reviewed 7 September 2016

The ambience is wonderful. We loved the lounge while we waited. A reservation is recommended on a busy weekender or holiday. The staff was attentive & knowledgeable about their menu. Portions are more than adequate for the price & quality. Huge wine list. Great selection of steak, seafood, & lamb. I would absolutely come here again

Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

My wife and I wanted to celebrate our 23rd anniversary by eating out but we were not very hungry. That all changed when we stumbled upon The Winery Restaurant in downtown Grand Junction. The atmosphere of this restaurant is amazing! Beautiful outside and in! The food was some of the best we've ever tasted and we ended up eating full dinners with dessert! So glad we found this amazing restaurant! We will be back for sure!
~Brian & Nicole

Reviewed 23 August 2016

The Winery has been in operation for decades and I have never had a bad experience food-, drink- or service-wise.

The menu is not extensive, so if you are expecting a huge selection you'll be disappointed. However, what is for selection, is always just right.

The floor is clean even after numerous waves of diners. The restroom is clean. Too many "nice" places have a dirty restroom. The main dining area is a bit dark, but not so that you need a lantern to read the menu. The music selection is well chosen, no nasty fashionable stuff like rap. The sound system is loud enough to enjoy the music if you choose, but not so loud that people at the same table can't converse without shouting at each other. The outdoor seating manages a private feel even though it is in a passageway to off-street parking.

For my latest trip to the Winery, I ordered a fresh peach martini. Much too sweet for me, but it had a definite peach flavor which did not come from a concoction of chemicals. My spinach salad was excellent. I would have licked the dressing container clean if I was at home. My main was well prepared and the starch complemented the protein and veggie nicely without anything being too oily, greasy or odd-tasting. I had cheesecake for dessert. Very nice, thin, burnt sugar top crust. I do not like graham cracker base crust, but the fruit sauce adorning the cheesecake made up for the deficit.

There is no children's menu.

The service, as usual, was good. Attentive, but not fawning over me to ensure a good tip.

My only complaint is: too much food for one meal. I ended up eating all the salad and barely eating much of the main. I managed 2 bites of my cheesecake. The leftovers provided me with 2 more meals. So for the money, it was a very good buy.

Reviewed 19 August 2016

This gem of a restaurant nestled in the heart of Grand Junction is a must. The food was divine, the ambience awesome.

1  Thank RevC F