“Incredible Authentic Mexican Food”

Aztecas Family Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 295 Restaurants in Grand Junction
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

The food here is big portions and absolutely delicious that you cannot stop eating until the plate is clean. Chips and salsa are bottomless and just as tasty. The servers make you feel welcome and keep your glass and salsa bowl filled and your chip basket full. I will return any time I am in Grand Junction.

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

Mexican food the way it should be. Tasty, large portions and reasonably priced. Very extensive menu, including several healthier options. The spinach tamales were a great vegan option. Friendly staff.

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

Oh my goodness, the salsa served with the complimentary chips was so good! We have traveled all over this country and have eatten at countless Mexican restaurants. The salsa here is by far the best I've ever eatten. It was a little chunky and had a little bit of a bite to it.

I ordered the enchilada combo, which was 2 enchiladas, rice & beans. I ordered the combo with no beans, so they gave me extra rice. The enchiladas had some flavor to them. I had my choice of meat for the enchilada - ground beef, shredded beef, chicken or pork.

My husband had the taco / enchilada combo which included 1 hard shell taco, 1 enchilada, beams & rice. He said that it was a large portion and was very good.

The folks working here were all very nice. The menu offers a nice selection. We definitely recommend eating here and if we are in the area again, we will be sure to stop by.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

We stopped here for a quick dinner on our way back to Denver. The food was excellent,well prepared and fresh. The restaurant was unpretentious but comfortable and the service was pleasant. A good experience all around.

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Nice greeting at the door but then seated by an unfriendly woman. The drink menu hadn’t been cleaned in eons. Disgusting to touch. Chips were common, salsa mediocre... watery with a few chunks. This low end, low budget Mexican. Don’t waste your time or money. I will say we had an excellent server, friendly and experienced.

We ordered fajitas and split them. The corn tortillas were like cardboard. Why don’t you buy local at La Milpa? And who puts mushrooms in Fajitas? The guacamole was bland as was the bowl of green chilli (the spelling on the menu should have been a clue). The pork was tough and had no sabor (flavor). The pieces of beef and chicken were small and again... bland. As were the beans. Rice appeared to be precooked, had a nice color, but bland. Maybe we hit it on a bad night but i think the draw must be the cheap combo plates. I’ll keep going back to Agaveros.

1  Thank WyoFarmGirl