“Really good food. The service? ”

Aztecas Family Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 291 Restaurants in Grand Junction
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

We hadn't been here in a while for no real reason. The food was always quite tasty and the service was ok. This visit was a little strange- perhaps because I was in a uniform that looks a bit military/ police-ish ( work thing). It took a while to get our water - it wasn't busy. The server knocked my husbands silverware on the floor taking his menu and just walked away. Didn't say anything. Their salsa is great, spicy but great. I asked for a cup of Pozole ( never had it and wanted to try it) and was brusquely told "is only in big bowl". Seriously? They brought my husband tea in a cup. That was the only cup? Did not seem very customer service oriented. The food was great. I had the fajita salad with shrimp- delicious! And lots of shrimp. My husband enjoyed his meal as well. So go but don't expect great service I guess.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

Excellent food - very tasty.
Cheerful & welcoming staff. "Juan" (10 yr employee) treated the place like he owned the restaurant.
Very clean & bright.
We'll go out of our way to eat there again - hopefully soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

We had dinner here and the food and service was very good. She had a TACO salad and I had the menudo. As usual, we were glad we came.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Being from Texas, I am very picky about my Mexican food. Aztecas is pretty darned good, and the prices are very reasonable! I will definitely visit there again!

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

The food was fast and good despite a table of 19. Service also very friendly and attentive. Amazing! Salsa really good. Enjoyed my margarita. I'll be back for sure.