“Fresh Food, Attentive Service”

Pueblo Magico Authentic Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #132 of 282 Restaurants in Grand Junction
Reviewed 26 June 2016

As of today (June 2016), this seems to be a new Mexican restaurant in Grand Junction, so I decided to try it out. The atmosphere was spacious and clean. The chips and salsa came out early, along with a small cabbage, tomato, and onion salad. The chips were thick, but fresh, and the salsa was very fresh. The salad was crisp and flavorful with a nice spicy kick.

The menu was extensive with a lot of options. I wasn't sure whether to go with something more traditionally Tex-Mex or one of what looked to be more authentic Mexican options (NOTE: I have never been to Mexico, so cannot comment on actual authenticity). I ended up choosing the Enchiladas Suizas. I should note that the description indicated that it was chicken with mozzarella inside the enchilada, with a cream sauce and drizzle of green tomatillo sauce. The entry made no mention of rice or beans, but the other enchilada entry (vegetarian enchiladas) did say it came with rice and beans. No mention was made of sour cream or any other accompaniments.

The enchiladas arrived (2) with rice and beans, a small side of lettuce and tomato, and a big blob of sour cream on top. I don't like sour cream, so I would have asked for it not to be included, but I was able to scrape it off and put it in the basket that had held the chips. The beans were very good, and the rice was okay. The enchiladas, however, were excellent. The chicken was very well seasoned with great flavor, and the corn tortillas were clearly very fresh.

Throughout the meal, the wait staff was very attentive. I had three different people attending to my needs. They were actually a little more attentive than I would have liked, as I was reading a book and they kept coming to ask how things were. That is typical here in America, though, and there also were not a lot of other customers (I suspect many people do not know this restaurant exists). I do not blame them for their attentiveness, neither here nor in the tip I left, as it is generally considered a positive.

The price for the meal was more than reasonable, and I took one of the enchiladas home for lunch tomorrow.

Overall, it was a very good experience and I will probably eat here again, even though it is not very convenient to my house.