“Always good here”

Peking Garden
Ranked #82 of 163 Restaurants in Golden
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 2 October 2017

I had the sweet & sour shrimp and hot tea. It was good. I usually eat off the lunch menu so I can get the egg roll, crab won ton and egg drop soup (I think the few pieces of corn in the soup make it really gopd).

1  Thank Jerry B

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Was very disappointed. The reviews seemed so good that we gave it a try. The food was not that good. The egg drop soup tasted old. My Chicken Chow Mein had an after taste.
I would not recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 18 August 2015 via mobile

Went to this restaurant with my family while visiting Boulder Colorado. It is so good! Don't be worried it is in a strip mall next to a liquor store, the inside is clean and nicely decorated. The service is good, the food rocked! I will definitely return next time I'm in Boulder.

1  Thank Tabster702
Reviewed 26 March 2015 via mobile

Excellent food, clean and well organized space, great value. We did "family style" for $10 per. One each of fried shrimp, cheese wonton, egg roll, cup of soup (hot and sour - tasty) served with crunchy wontons, big plates of food. Kong Pao was great. Lots of yummy fresh peppers. Fried stuff was fresh, piping hot, and delicious.

This restaurant is better across the board than the highly rated Szechuan restaurant in nearby Lakewood.

Give 'em a try!

Reviewed 21 November 2014

I went to the Peking Garden on a Wednesday for lunch. I went at 1:00 which was after the normal rush. My first impression of the place is that it was clean and well kept up. As it was after the rush it was pretty well empty and I had my choice of seating.

The menu covers all of the basics you would expect of a standard Chinese restaurant. I went with the Szechuan Chicken lunch special which came with soup, an egg roll and a crab wonton.

I chose the Hot and Sour soup which had a nice flavour and wasn't too bland. The main dish came out a short time after I finished my soup and it was a very generous sized portion. It's large enough for someone with a big appetite or the left overs can be taken home for another meal. The mustard and sweet and sour sauce that was served with the meal had been sitting out for a while and had a slight crust on the top, but that wasn't a big deal. The Szechuan Chicken had quite a bit of chicken in it and a nice assortment of vegetables. It was a little on the mild side for me and if I order it again I would get it a little spicier.

Overall I was very pleased with the place. The food was good and was an incredible value (final bill was less than $7). I would certainly go back and would recommend it to others.

2  Thank FlyingSux

Been to Peking Garden? Share your experiences!