Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
FindHotelUS$104
PricelineUS$104
Hotels.comUS$104
Expedia.comUS$104
eDreamsUS$104
Trip.comUS$110
All reviews front desk dishwashing liquid nice size checking out parking lot sink
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 July 2020

Front entrance/check in area is extremely small, no way to be even 2 feet from someone else entering or exiting. No way to do touch-less check-in or get into the room without the card keys (which kept failing despite keeping them away from phones which demagnetize them). Maintenance man was wearing a mask - under his chin and not on his face. He never distanced himself, actually pushed past me at close distance more than once.
Our room was on the top floor facing west - we had the direct sun in our room and it was a very hot day so our room was hot. Thought I might open the ac to full settings but that didn't work - the separate bedroom didn't have a unit, only a tiny vent to the living room where another family member was sleeping so the bedroom was hot. So the next thing was to open the window but there was a huge security light shining directly into the window. Why? Shouldn't it be pointing out onto the parking lot, not into the room? The light probably added to the heat imho. So it was overly hot all night.
As we were checking out I was looking at housekeeping carts and didn't see anything out of the ordinary - no special steam cleaners, etc. It would have been nice to have a small packet of Lysol wipes added to the small dishwashing liquid under the sink to disinfect things.

Room tip: Rooms facing to the west will be hot in the summer. Very poor air conditioning on the 3rd floor.
Date of stay: July 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
IHG Service, Owner at Sonesta Simply Suites Denver West Federal Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2020

Good Day SusieLou!

It's always our pleasure to get feedback from our visitors. Thank you for allowing us to host you.

One of our aims is to fascinate our guests with our features and assistance. I'm sorry to hear that you weren't satisfied with the room location and that you had trouble with the air conditioning unit. We're all about making our guests comfortable, and I'm afraid that you felt uncomfortable with a member of our staff and front entrance's size. No worries, I recorded your thoughts and conveyed them to the management team, including your remarks about the key card and housekeeping carts. Please trust that your words will encourage us to make efficient plans to achieve improvement across all service levels.

Please let us bridge the gap and allow us to give you the reasons to consider us as your home base in the area.

Stay safe,

Leni C.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 14 October 2019

Thank you Thomas GM, David, Lindsey, Laurie and all others at Candlewood Suites, Lakewood. I was between apartments because of some maintenance issues. You could not have helped me more! This hotel is in a great location. There's a park next door for my dog. The laundry is free. The suite was sweet, clean, and stocked with everything I needed. The bed was so comfy! It snowed, and the sidewalks were clear when I went out. Everyone was friendly and accommodating! I had some mishaps happen while I was there and the staff went out of their way to help me, Thank you David for helping me look for my keys! You are all gems in my book! Thanks again for a wonderful stay!

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank gaylene333
Reviewed 31 August 2019 via mobile

Super competent and friendly staff. Good bed and clean facility. Very convenient to Hwy 6 and interstate. There is a wonderful neighborhood park a block away with playgrounds, walking trail, basketball courts, etc. The decor is a little dated, but still in good shape.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Nomad728001, General Manager at Sonesta Simply Suites Denver West Federal Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2019

Hi mary4nppd

The staff and I are truly pleased your stay met all of your needs. We appreciate your patronage. We hope to serve you soon.

Reviewed 7 April 2019

We were here for a brief night, but enjoyed our stay. The room was very comfortable and clean. Had we needed them, there was also a well equipped kitchenette and a big desk to work at. The staff was very friendly, too. There's no breakfast included, but there's a 24-hour room stocked with all kinds of snacks that could be meals (instant oatmeal, candies, bars, cookies, chips, drinks, coffee, etc.) -- available on the honor system.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Nomad728001, General Manager at Sonesta Simply Suites Denver West Federal Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2019

Hi RhodeScholar123,

We are grateful that your stay was a great one. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 1 December 2018 via mobile

On arrival they gave away our room, not a great start. Room was just ok once they found a room for us. Staff member helpful, certainly not her fault. This type of hotel is not for me, no towels, no housekeeping felt like a college dorm, when you have to go to the front desk to pick up your towels, housekeeping can happen if you pay extra, again not my idea of a hotel. It was a long day of travel to show up to this, not great. Then morning, you guessed it, no breakfast offered. Look around in the area, lots of other choices, choose another property.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Nomad728001, General Manager at Sonesta Simply Suites Denver West Federal Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2018

Hi Santafe1954,

The hotel staff and I are deeply sorry our hotel did not meet your expectations. We like to receive feedback from our guests.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Additionally, I am sorry about the confusion with how housekeeping operates at this facility.

We will take the feedback given and proactively use it to make future guest stays memorable.

Thank you.