Candlewood Suites Denver - Lakewood
Sheraton Denver West Hotel
#8 of 27 hotels in Lakewood
1 km
View Hotel
All reviewsan extended stay hotelwashers and dryersfront deskbring snacksstocked pantrystaying long termcooking facilitieslending lockerfull size fridgeking size bedspots pansnice kitchenettehonor systemtv channelsstayed here for one nightlaundry roomfirst floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 July 2017

The staff are very nice and accommodating. It is quiet, which is important to me because I have to get up early for work. Love, love, love the mattress !! The other customers are friendly, too! One of the nicest Candlewood suites that I have stayed.

Stayed: June 2017
Reviewed 22 June 2017

This is an extended stay hotel, so rooms have a small kitchen incl. fridge, microwave, stove, dishwasher, pots/pans, eating utensils, etc. You can borrow blenders, sandwich presses, etc. for free. The room is a good size and bathroom was clean. Staff at front desk was very friendly and helpful. No free breakfast, but they have a well-stocked pantry with inexpensive items if you're in a bind. Washer & dryers are free to use. Best thing for me is the location close to 6th Avenue, where you can jump on the highway and be in downtown Denver or in the front range mountains in 10-15mins.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better to avoid foot traffic noise
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2017

1. No button to push for the door to open if hands are full. Definitely not handicapped accessible.
2. Room dirty on arrival with urine on the toilet between the seat and the tank, hair on a dish in the cupboard, dirty dishes put away in the cupboard, and trash from the previous occupant still under the sink in the room.
3. Room smelled of mustiness or animal odor.
4. Will never know if the sheets were changed prior to arrival with the status of #2 above.
5. No continental breakfast but you can buy breakfast in the Candlewood Cupboard, what a joke: instant oatmeal $2.50, PopTarts and a few other things. If I am buying breakfast, I am not eating garbage or sugar in that amount.
6. Bags were supposed to be in the Cupboard to "buy" your items but in the entire time I was there no bags were ever in the cupboard.
7. Comment cards were supposed to be present but never there.
8. Laundry room and the refrigerated section of the Country Cupboard are in the same room - who did not have the intelligence to figure out this was not a good idea?
9. Candlewood Cupboard donated to someone who knew how to run a hotel. Obviously he is dead.
10. Motorcycles taking up full parking places when it didn't need to be that way.
11. Never felt safe during the entire stay, literally worried about someone coming in my room and murdering me in my sleep.
12. Internet was absolutely the worst excuse for "free wifi" EVER. I would literally have to click off and up to 100 times a night just to be able to grade papers online for my teaching job.
13. When I asked one of the workers about it via phone, I was told, "Well I don't know what to tell you".
14. Dishwasher leaked but at least that got replaced but the workers moved stuff around in my room without putting it back. That is not right! Oh and the dishwasher that was replaced, no air dry feature, all the dishes took forever to air dry.
15. Forget TV, once again I call the desk and no one knows where one can get a guide and there is no TV guide on the set.
Amazon fire stick, nope, internet is horrible so that doesn't work either.
16. Videos available downstairs at the desk, looked at the book, every movie was antiquated.
17. Supposedly all rooms in the city were filled, but I am happy that I was able to find something else so much better, literally I feel like I have left the depths of hell and graduated to far above Heaven. I feel safe, the new place is clean, modern and the internet is flying at the speed of sound.
18. Unsolicited advice: Want to make customers happy, take care of items above.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere unless they bring the place up to standards.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Terri D
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Denver - Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

Hello Terri D,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests and for that please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced and for the overall service you received that negatively affected your stay. Our guest's comfort remains a priority and I am sorry for letting you feel otherwise. IHG cares about your experience and I realize no words can change your feelings of disappointment, or the inconveniences you experienced. I have shared your comments with hotel management, who responded with genuine concern for the impact this had on your stay. I know they appreciate you sharing your experience, and I am confident they will take appropriate steps so this doesn’t happen again.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns. Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort. We look forward to having the opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel in the near future.

Krysllin G
Case Manager

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Rooms are nice and clean. The carpet and flooring was recently re-done. Very comfortable bed and pillows. The staff at front desk was friendly and helpful!
We stayed for 4 nights, and would definitely recommend for long stays. The kitchenette was a great perk to have in our room.
Bathroom was clean and spacious. Water was super hot!
Would stay again!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2017

Hotel was clean & comfortable and located very near where we needed to be for our business. It is an extended stay property with a full kitchen. Complimentary coffee but you are on your own for breakfast etc.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business