Lowest prices for your stay
US$87
SAVE US$9
PricelineUS$87
Hotels.comUS$87
HurbUS$92
All reviews red rocks complimentary breakfast room was clean fresh fruit great stay oatmeal the breakfast area hot tub denver west cleaning staff staff was friendly colorado school of mines easy access golden area would definitely stay here again colfax mountains
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 October 2020 via mobile

First the positive. The place was very clean. Room smelled very clean The room is what you expect as a Hampton. It is in a good location on the west edge of the Denver area. Easy access to I70. Many restaurants a short drive away. We stay at Hilton properties when we can. Now the negative. With Covid we stopped traveling as much. In as much we understand Hotels have had to modify their Breakfast. We called ahead and asked. We were told they have been forced to do brown bag. It would have fruit a breakfast sandwich and something else. The morning we went down there were bags on the counter. The one coffee pot was empty. We grabbed a couple bags. Here are the contents. An Apple, a hard granola bar, box juice and Yogurt. We called the front desk they said they had been out of sandwiches for a few days. Thank goodness there was coffee in the room. No muffin or bagel. If this is their plan for the future. Reduce the room price and do away with Breakfast. Oh and we we didn't have a place to be at until afternoon. The maid knocked on our door twice, despite the do not disturb sign hanging out. We'll think twice about coming back.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank ron S
Reviewed 29 September 2020 via mobile

We had a room reserved on our way out into the Rockies. It was meant to be a one night functional stay. I looked at three different rooms as our room was not clean. The others weren’t either. Mold in the sink, dirty bathtub, a comforter that obviously hadn’t been washed. Cleaning staff not wearing a mask. No hand sanitizer at the elevators on the various floors. Had it not been evening and the family so tired, we wouldn’t have stayed. I have given three stars as the staff is friendly else I would have rated it even lower. This is not your place if you like clean.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank liveandlove2travel
Reviewed 26 September 2020

I have been a Diamond with Hilton hotels for many years. That means that I stay in at least one Hilton property across the entire US every week throughout the year. I come to this area once per year and have always stayed at the Holiday Inn Express next to this hotel for the past several years. It is a very clean, modern and well managed hotel. I have never had an issue at the Holiday Inn Express.

I decided to stay at this Hampton this year and digitally checked in 24 hours prior to arrival letting the hotel know that I would check in at 3:00 pm. When I arrived at the hotel at 3:00 pm not only was the room not ready, no one was even working on cleaning it. After raising hell at the front desk, they finally assigned someone to clean the room which was available 40 minutes late.

All I got from the front desk was a bunch of excuses. There is no excuse for the Manager failing to compare the check-in schedule to the housecleaning schedule to make sure all rooms are available as promised. I will never stay here again. Do yourself a favor and stay at the Holiday Inn Express next door.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2020

The staff at the hotel were very friendly and communicated well the various precautions that were being taken because of Covid. The hotel was very functional and I got exactly what I expected when booking. I would stay at this hotel again and very much enjoyed the stay.

2  Thank Allard and Emma v
Reviewed 22 August 2020

The nightly rate is very reasonable. I checked the hotel web site and verified that a hot breakfast was included. Several previous reviews mentioned that the breakfast area was closed, but that was earlier on in the shut down. The corporate web site did mention that certain locations stopped serving breakfast.
Upon check-in I was told that the breakfast would be a grab and go bag of assorted food items. The bag contained a container of yogurt, grain bar, muffin, a fruit juice and an apple. For the lower room price we were satisfied, but it might be a good idea for the hotel to amend their web page to reflect the current state of affairs. I could imagine there are guests that might not be satisfied with the substitution.
We stayed two nights and asked for a towel change on the second day. I don't think the rooms are serviced daily unless there is a guest change. Again, to us, that was fine. Check out was easy with the receipt and final bill emailed to me.
Prior to check in I was offered a contactless check in with the room code sent to my phone, but when you read the corporate fine print, if you haven't previously enrolled your phone, you still have to go to the front desk to get access. Therefore, I chose to do the conventional check in.
Several things that did stand out was that upon check in I added an additional adult to our party. The purpose of our visit was to bring our grandson to college and move him onto campus. We found out he wouldn't be allowed to move in until the next day so he needed to spend the first night in our room. I expected to pay an additional person charge for that night (extra breakfast) but they waived any charge! Also, we needed several last minute documents printed and signed. The staff accommodated us in printing them at the front desk.
The facilities themselves are fine and well kept.
Coffee is offered in the lobby. We were impressed, because many hotels make tasteless watered down coffee. This was very good.
All the guests that I witnessed wore masks inside the hotel but I did observe a clerk walk throughout the lobby without one.
Overall a good experience. I would chose to stay there upon returning.

Date of stay: August 2020