Lowest prices for your stay
US$87
Free cancellation until 13/03/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
ZenHotels.com
US$95
US$83
SAVE US$12
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
StayForLongUS$95
All reviews red rocks complimentary breakfast room was clean fresh fruit great stay oatmeal the breakfast area hot tub denver west cleaning staff staff was friendly colorado school of mines easy access golden area would definitely stay here again colfax mountains
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 August 2020

The nightly rate is very reasonable. I checked the hotel web site and verified that a hot breakfast was included. Several previous reviews mentioned that the breakfast area was closed, but that was earlier on in the shut down. The corporate web site did mention that certain locations stopped serving breakfast.
Upon check-in I was told that the breakfast would be a grab and go bag of assorted food items. The bag contained a container of yogurt, grain bar, muffin, a fruit juice and an apple. For the lower room price we were satisfied, but it might be a good idea for the hotel to amend their web page to reflect the current state of affairs. I could imagine there are guests that might not be satisfied with the substitution.
We stayed two nights and asked for a towel change on the second day. I don't think the rooms are serviced daily unless there is a guest change. Again, to us, that was fine. Check out was easy with the receipt and final bill emailed to me.
Prior to check in I was offered a contactless check in with the room code sent to my phone, but when you read the corporate fine print, if you haven't previously enrolled your phone, you still have to go to the front desk to get access. Therefore, I chose to do the conventional check in.
Several things that did stand out was that upon check in I added an additional adult to our party. The purpose of our visit was to bring our grandson to college and move him onto campus. We found out he wouldn't be allowed to move in until the next day so he needed to spend the first night in our room. I expected to pay an additional person charge for that night (extra breakfast) but they waived any charge! Also, we needed several last minute documents printed and signed. The staff accommodated us in printing them at the front desk.
The facilities themselves are fine and well kept.
Coffee is offered in the lobby. We were impressed, because many hotels make tasteless watered down coffee. This was very good.
All the guests that I witnessed wore masks inside the hotel but I did observe a clerk walk throughout the lobby without one.
Overall a good experience. I would chose to stay there upon returning.

Date of stay: August 2020
Reviewed 15 July 2020

I flew into Denver with the intent to drive to Moab Utah to see the parks in that area. Golden provided a great stopover prior to the drive over the Rockies. The hotel was ok for what I needed that night.

1  Thank RichardK938
Christian Abeyta, General Manager at Hampton Inn Denver-West/Golden, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at out hotel! We sincerely appreciate your feedback! We will share this feedback with our team so we can continually improve guest experience.

Reviewed 27 June 2020

Recently I had a family member become ill, and I needed to be in the Golden/Denver area for nearly two weeks to assist in the treatment. The staff at the Hampton Inn-Denver West in Golden were so helpful, so kind, so professional. They went out of their way to help me. And all this while dealing with the restrictions of the Covid 19 pandemic. They certainly went above and beyond the call of duty. I am so grateful to the whole staff at the Hampton Inn. And a big shout out to Christian—he’s the best!

Date of stay: June 2020
abeytachristian, Manager at Hampton Inn Denver-West/Golden, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2020

Reviewed 9 June 2020

Take recently and very cheaply renovated place in the middle on nowhere, with bathroom doors not closing and cabinet doors swinging crooked off the hinges (see pix). Add locked doors upon arrival and unfriendly border line rude reception desk, closed pool and breakfast area, a brown bag with a miniature green orange and a minuscule greasy muffin instead of breakfast, and there you have it: not a pretty picture. And good luck trying to call the Front desk from your room! Not going back ever.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
abeytachristian, Manager at Hampton Inn Denver-West/Golden, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we are sorry we did not exceed your expectations. We will share this feedback with our team so we can continually improve guest experience.

Reviewed 27 May 2020 via mobile

The Hampton Inn Denver West/Golden - 17150 W Colfax Ave, Golden, CO 80401 -
I can’t believe this is a Hilton property!

Upon arriving, we were - not so welcomed - by the young man, who called himself, “the assistant general manager”
He asked when we made the reservation, we reassure him that we made it a few months ago, canceled Because of the coronavirus and rescheduled for this week.. he didn’t seem pleased that we were checking in.
When we walked into the hotel there was a sign on the door saying that all guests had to wear facemasks, the “assistant general manager“ had a face mask on but the housekeeper behind the desk with him did not.

We got to the room there was no toilet paper in the room whatsoever, there was a fingernail clipping on the nightstand (See photo) and no coffee supplies (see photo) The coffee pot the basket and one loan paper cup coozy was where are the coffee set up should be. (If they were not going to offer coffee in room they should have taken the entire set up out of the room.)
With the disarray of the room I question if the room has been cleaned at all.
Later, When I went down to pick up the missing room supplies, toilet paper and such, there was another young Man standing behind the desk without a mask!

When I asked about the coffee set up he replied “the in room coffee is a food item so they had to take it out of the rooms because of the coronavirus, but we were welcome to come to the lobby and get our coffee” seems to me like that would be more “germy” And spread the coronavirus faster then in room coffee.. Every booger Picken’ finger in the hotel has touched the “community” coffee pot, cups, lids, sugar etc... then he said “to tell you the truth it’s because of budget cuts, we are not renting as many rooms so we don’t have the funds for coffee in each room”. We paid full price - at least they could do is have coffee in the room!!
Because of the coronavirus, NONE of the amenities were open, which I understand - but what I don’t understand is paying full price for the room (we were there a week on family business ... not a vacation)
but it wound have been nice to have a “sack lunch” breakfast (like they offered at the Holiday Inn in Moab)
Customer Service has gone out the window at this hotel, all because of the coronavirus? The coronavirus was their go to answer when I questioned policy, procedures and service.
I’m wondering if their customer service was null and void before the virus- it sure looks that way! Being in hospitality most of my adult life, it seems to me that this hotel would try harder to please the guests, especially at this time. Like I said, we were not on vacation, we were dealing with stressful family matters. I believe Most People staying in hotels at this time (during the pandemic) are not on vacation they’re dealing with situations that are emergent! The hotels should go above and beyond to make sure the guests are comfortable and have what they need.

The rooms were mediocrely cleaned, at best.
The P-Tac unit needed the filter cleaned desperately! The sink and tub were not very clean And the toilet lid was up (indicating that it may but have not been cleaned at all)
The strange thing was all of the guests of this hotel were all on the same floor, with rooms right next to each other - so long social distancing!
I could smell marijuanaright and I heard dogs barking and people talking/laughing.
If “they” The Hampton inn, were really concerned about our health and well being and about the coronavirus they would have left at least one room in between each guest room. Housekeeping services were suspended and we had to ask for more supplies. I wish we would have stayed at the motel 6.. I would have saved over 1/2 of what we spent and they would have kept the light on for us
Honestly, we will not be staying at the Hampton, Denver West again... the assistant general manger was snarky, the employees only put their masks on when they saw customers, there were no “bag breakfasts) until I asked about it, the rooms were not clean, the ac/heater (P-tac) filters were gross and their lack of customer service was blamed on the coronavirus.

Date of stay: May 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank MooseMugs