Courtyard Denver West/Golden(Golden)(Great Value!)
US$182
TownePlace Suites
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$278
US$257
Residence Inn Denver West/Golden(Golden)(Great Value!)
US$203
Residence Inn
Eldora Lodge(Golden)
US$188
The Dove Inn(Golden)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$179
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe concierge loungecopper creekoutdoor poolred rockswhole foodsbreakfast buffetper nightroom servicenice propertyfire pitshopping and restaurantsbusiness tripnice stayoff the highwaywould definitely stay here againconvenient locationexercise room
Reviewed 27 April 2017

Good location with lots of retail stores and eating establishments. My major complaint is that there is no immediate hot water unless you let the water run for well over 5 min. I was told it was normal for the 6th floor. More than inconvenient when you try to wash your hands, take a shower or brush your teeth with ice cold water. Unacceptable for the high rates they charged. In addition, I requested a rollaway bed and they charged me an extra $10 a night for it...and it barely fit in the room. No free breakfast or even complimentary snacks which is quite common at smaller hotels.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the lower floor so you can get hot water.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Meredith I, Guest Relations Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2017

Dear James M, thank you for your recent stay and review of our hotel. On behalf of the entire team, I am very sorry that you did not relax and enjoy your time with us. Please reach out to me directly. Hot water is readily available on the 6th floor and in every room of the hotel, I am sharing your comments with our building engineer so we can conduct a thorough investigation into your previous room. Again, I am so sorry that the explanation you received did not reflect our spirit to serve. We should have offered creative alternatives to remedy the issue. Please allow us the opportunity to make it up to you. Kindest Regards, Meredith

Reviewed 21 April 2017

A classic, large Marriott conference hotel. Staff is pleasantly friendly, check-in is efficient, a 'basic' version of internet access (entirely sufficient) is complimentary, faster service is about $4/day. Noise from I-70 is a factor when you select a room to the south. bathrooms are small (for today's standards) yet entirely satisfactory, beds and lines are very good. Free parking. Walking distance to the Mills mall and NREL.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and strive to improve our products and services. I will share your comments about the noise from I-70. We also offer a shuttle to the Colorado Mills Mall and NREL for easy access. Thank you again, we hope to see you soon. Kindest Regards, Meredith

Reviewed 21 April 2017

I stayed 2 days at this hotel in March to attend a meeting. The hotel lies right beside the I-70 highway. It has ample, free parking space in front. Downstairs the public spaces have a bar/lobby area and a restaurant and breakfast section. Check-in was courteous, efficient and painless. I got a room at the first floor facing the highway. If you are sensitive to noise then ask for a room facing away from the highway as the sound proofing of the room is insufficient. The single-glazing windows (sliding variety) don’t shut very well and the constant roar from the many trucks and cars is very audible. At night I found this disturbing. It gave the impression that I was sleeping with the window open. The rooms are spacious and room decoration is traditional Marriott style – no surprises there. Bed linen was of good quality but the mattress wasn't. It had a sink hole in it and it sloped to the left. Wifi was available but the free option was not overly performant. I did not try the paying alternative. The bathroom was functional without frills. In general the hotel could do with a thorough refurbishment in the not so distant future as the public spaces and the rooms exude a somewhat tired feel. In case you would like to shop, the Colorado Mills outlet area is basically on the other side of the I-70. Denver downtown on the other hand is a good stretch away (20 minute ride). All in all a pleasant enough hotel probably overpriced given the not so convenient location and the poor sound proofing but acceptable for short business stays.

Room Tip: noise is an issue in rooms facing the highway. Ask for a room facing the other side.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Brennan C, Guest Relations Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor! I am very sorry to hear that we could not deliver an excellent experience for you due to the noisy surroundings. We have taken preventative measures to alleviate the disruptions to our guests due to traffic noise and will do our absolute best to ensure that this is an isolated issue that will be corrected moving forward. Please let me know if I may be of any personal service to you!

Brennan Conant
Senior Manager of Room Operations
brennan.conant@Marriott.com

Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

Beautiful location. If you're on business visiting NREL this is the best location and they will shuttle you there if you're too lazy to walk the 5 minutes (or you're wearing heels). Starbucks inside, comfy beds, nice breakfast (though not complimentary...)

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Meredith I, Guest Relations Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2017

Hi Julia, Thank you for giving us the opportunity to host you during your stay in Golden, Colorado. We appreciate your business and the time you took out of your day to complete this review. We look forward to serving you in the future! Kindest Regards, Meredith

Reviewed 29 March 2017

My husband and I stayed for four nights for a conference. Upon check-in, we were greeted with a friendly smile and told that we were upgraded to the Concierge floor! Although our King room was tiny, it was comfortable, efficient and clean. I'm pretty sure there was no difference in this room as compared to the other floors. However, when we checked out the Concierge Room, we were delighted to find complimentary bottles of water, soft drinks, Starbucks coffee, hot cocoa and an assortment of freshly baked cookies! We also learned that each morning, a complimentary breakfast is served; complimentary light dinner and later that evening, desserts.

Such a pleasant surprise! Beer, wine and liquors are also available for a fee. The room is set up quite nicely and offers big screen tv and a mini office space with computer, fax and printer for guest use.

The only negative that I might mention is the location of our room, which faced I-70. Very noisy, indeed! But, after awhile, we got used to it. This is an older hotel but is furnished adequately with a few updates. The lobby and restaurant areas are updated and inviting but we did not eat at the restaurant while here. Recommended? Yes.

Stayed: March 2017
Meredith I, Guest Relations Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2017

Dear Kathleen B, we appreciate your recent trip to Golden, Colorado and your patronage to our hotel. Thank you for your review! I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Kindest Regards, Meredith