“Fantastic food by the river”
Review of River's Restaurant

River's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
River's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 23rd Street
Transit: Free Ride Glenwood bus or Taxi service
Reviewed 23 June 2018

We ate dinner at Rivers for the first time a couple weeks ago and really enjoyed it. The food is excellent (I had the halibut special) and dining on the patio next to the river is really a treat. In summer it can be too hot on the patio until the sun goes down in the evening. I felt the wait staff could have been more attentive, but otherwise greatly enjoyed Rivers and would definitely go again.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

We were in the area, and looking for the perfect place to have an evening drink, and some appetizers, and we just kinda stumbled on this beautiful place. Service was great, the appetizers, and mixed drinks were just what we needed, after a long drive, and arriving later in the evening, will visit for dinner, next time around. Amazing riverside setting, quiet, so beautiful!

Reviewed 17 June 2018

Nice view of the river with good service. Were there for Father's Day brunch and had a fun afternoon. food was good and plenty of it, bring an appetite!

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

We have been here many times for celebrations so we easily chose to have my daughters graduation dinner here. Our server was cold, approaching us initially with “Drinks?” That’s it- all he said. Then we requested an umbrella to be moved to help block the sun, and were told the sun would be down in 10 minutes. 15 minutes later the sun was still glaring and burning on us, so after requesting again to move an umbrella, the manager loudly and dramatically moved it while saying “they want the umbrella moved even though the sun will be down in 5 minutes.” My sister was shocked and suggested I speak to the manager, and then I explained that WAS the manager. The server returned to take our order, and was he opposite of the personable and friendly service we had received in the past. Add in the mandatory 18% gratuity for parties over 6,and I felt shafted. Such a disappointment and so embarassing for me in front of my family.

1  Thank huckleberry2018
Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

Well.... I always go to Rivers I love it so much- however today I was highly disappointed. I walked in with my emotional support dog and was quickly approached letting me know he wasn’t allowed inside. So I said okay: may we sit outside. She was skeptical and walked us outside anyway. She showed us the table in the corner right in the blazing sun and removed the umbrella. We asked if we could have it and she said no.. we then asked to sit at another table which had shade (acknowledging the fact that NO ONE was outside) she said no they are all reserved. We said no worries we will go to another restaurant who allows dogs outside. Minutes later a family who was originally sitting inside came outside and asked if they could sit outside and she immediately said yes this table is open while she just told us all of the tables were reserved. She was very rude and unaccommodating- highly DONT recommend if you have pets.