“Great ice cream”

Georgetown Valley Candy Company
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Georgetown
Reviewed 17 July 2018

We stopped in for some ice cream and left with that as well as some fudge, toffee and caramel cinnamon popcorn. I wish that I had bought more of that delicious popcorn as it is very addicting. The toffee is okay and the fudge is very good. The ice cream was homemade and very delicious and I highly recommend the waffle cone. I loved the energy of the teens behind the counter and they were quite funny as well.

Reviewed 7 July 2018

Loved the Coconut Crisp ice cream! Their ice cream, fudge and bonbons are homemade and amazing. They also make flavored pop corn, and other delicious chocolate treats. This is also a gift shop, with a great variety of old time candies, children’s toys, magnets, cups, and other Colorado themed items. There’s limited seating inside, as the store is pretty packed with display cases and candy. The staff was very friendly and the service was prompt. It’s a little pricey, but not unreasonably so. You’ll be enjoying cooler weather, and you also get to walk around such a quaint little mountain town while savoring your homemade ice cream. I highly recommend a stop here to other travelers.

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

Cute store, nice selection of typical tourist goodies, candies, taffy and ice cream. We were waiting in line for ice cream and the young unseasoned woman said I’ll be right back to get your ice cream. We stood and waited for her to come back as other employees were helping patrons. We watched her run the register, give back change and then stand back against the counter texting on her phone for over 10 minutes. She finally glanced up and saw us staring at her and she said oh yeah u wanted ice cream the line starts on the other side u will have to go around the candy columns... even though she knew we wanted ice cream and had been waiting that whole time. Another family was next to us and as we all began circling the candy aisle to go to the empty ice cream aisle line we heard her mutter “stupid tourists” under her breath and give us all a dirty look. My husband and I were the last in the group and when we turned back and said why would u refer to any of us that way she gave us what can only be described as a total B**ch face. We said never mind we aren’t going to order here and she kept staring at us with that same face when we asked her why she would say such a thing and that it was unprofessional and rude to say such things be on your phone when customers have been waiting not to mention the dirty looks. Sad thing is there were two other families outside discussing how rude she was. So decided it was time to blog about it. My husband went back into the store and talked with the manager who stated she would address it. We did end up coming back in to order when she was gone and the ice cream and chocolate turtle legs were excellent. Young teens running the counter, they wore gloves and the area was well maintained and clean. Pricey but tasty. Just watch out for the young B face girl with the heavy cat eye makeup cuz does she ever have claws!

Reviewed 2 July 2018

My Wife And I Had Spent The Day Being "Kissed" By The Sun, When We Found Ourselves Walking Down The Street To Find This Place Of Confectionary Delight!! They Make Homemade Candy, Waffle Cones (I Highly Recommend), And Sell Some Of The Nations Most Yummy Ice Cream!! When You Have Your Delight, They Have Benches Outside The Store In Which To Satisfy Your Tastebuds While Enjoying The Areas Greatest People Watching.. I Look Forward To Returning To The Area Someday, And I Will Definitely Pay This Place A Visit To Enjoy Some More Of The Great Items They Have To Offer!!

Reviewed 21 June 2018

This candy and gift shop is like stepping back in time. You can watch candy making in the back of the shop. Kids would love this place. Ice cream is delicious. I consider myself a fudge "snob" and the fudge here is pretty good.