Get Chucked
Ranked #7 of 56 Restaurants in Urmston
Price range: US$9 - US$27
Description: Burgers in the 'burbs.
Description: Burgers in the 'burbs.
Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

After talking about going here for months we finally decided to give it a go last night, and I am so glad we did! Customer service was incredible and the girl serving us was lovely. Great choice of food, even something if you don't fancy a burger (hot dogs/chicken wings). I had the buffalo stance wings with a side of mac n cheese and I can honestly say it was the nicest meal I've had while eating out in months! This place beats similar restaurants such as almost famous by a mile, and it is much cheaper. It was so nice to be able to have a side that wasn't fries!! Will definitely be back to try out other things. :-)

Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

We dropped in to Get Chucked this evening to grab a quick take away on our way home. We arrive and told we would have a 30 minute wait for food. We said we'd have a drink while we wait. Rather than being left to wait alone the lady at the bar stayed to chat to us. She was so genuine and lovely. Had a nice chat about business over the weekend and potential expansion of the business. Always receive amazing service in get chucked and particularly so tonight while we were waiting for food. Couldn't recommend it highly enough, amazing food, and fabulous service, you'd be silly to be disappointed by either!!

Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

We live ten minutes walk away but this is the first time we've visited after hearing of good reviews and recommendations we thought we'd give it a go. We were not disappointed one bit! The burgers were sensational! Cooked to perfection, great presentation and lovely and hot. I believe this was originally a pop up shop but it has gained such a great reputation locally it is here to stay. It's not massive inside and while the location is nothing to write home about, it's all about the food and on this point it absolutely nails it. You can grab a beer or wine if you fancy it or just a soft drink, you can make as much of or as little of it as you please. They also offer a takeaway service. We absolutely will be returning and personally we found it far far superior to five guys in the Trafford Centre & another recently opened establishment locally called The Surgery. It's right On our doorstep, good prices and definitely delicious . Well done Get Chucked!

Reviewed 11 April 2017

We've been here a couple of times before and had a good experience, to the point we had recommended Get Chucked to several of our friends. Unfortunately on the last occasion we visited we had to wait some time for our food (45mins or thereabouts) this was OK as we were happy chatting and having a beer but no-one came over to see if we were OK or update us at any point. Eventually my friend asked at the bar about the status of our order, especially as some other customers who we thought arrived just after we did had not only had their food but nearly finished eating it. Rather than receiving an update or an apology for the delay, we were approached at our table by the chef - who made a special trip out of the kitchen to insist we looked at the checks to "prove" the order in which they had been received. He also accused my friend of "being rude" (she certainly wasn't). She was so shocked and upset by his behaviour and the accusation that she was left in tears. None of us were hungry after this so I asked to pay for the drinks we had and leave. At this point the chef came back out of the kitchen again and rudely declared that "we could have the drinks on him". As this was not representative of our previous visits I did email the owner privately to complain. I received an acknowledgement that my email had been received, that the incident was "being investigated" and that he would get back to me ASAP. Over a week later and we have heard nothing further, hence this review.All in all this was an absolutely horrible experience. By all means go for the burgers - they really are good but the customer service may leave a nasty taste.

9  Thank Allie F
Scott P, Owner at Get Chucked, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2017

Actually pretty happy for once that someone has taken their 'complaint' to TA. I have been drafting a difficult, but polite email response today for you, but seeing as you've gone public... We have investigated this matter to the point where we've had to look through CCTV as the stories just weren't adding up - and i'm sorry to say it doesn't look good for your version of events. Our CCTV doesn't carry sound, but the body language speaks volumes - and the fact that the chef felt the need to approach you should indicate the tone and manner in which our really quite competent team (see previous reviews) felt was appropriate to highlight to him, with him being the most senior member of staff. We knew about this incident within moments of you leaving, and we were a couple of thousand miles away - that's how on the money our team are. You say you co-owned a restaurant in the 90's - it's pretty obvious your background has dictated the whole course of events here. Oh, just for measure, let me tell you that we as owners don't subscribe to the view that the customer is always right - because they're not - even if they have 'experience'. We'll gladly take any constructive criticism on board - we'd be silly not to, nobody's perfect and we can all learn from our mistakes, but there's absolutely nothing constructive here, nor in your email. (Apart from suggesting we give the chef a warning - we'll pass, but thanks for the advice) Just after you left, one of the other tables actually tipped the team healthily stating that they shouldn't have to deal with that (insert expletive here) - that sort of thing just leads me to believe that our team's version of events carries even more weight.

Oh, btw, thanks for the great reviews from your previous visits - oh wait, hang on?... Seriously, it's people taking to sites like this to complain rather than commend that I really couldn't care less about. It's become like some sort of ransom demand these days - and i'm certain that should our private reply had not been to your satisfaction, you would have just headed here anyway. I personally visit here maybe once a month, at best, (one of the team brought this review to our attention) We seldom respond unless it's a genuine screw up on our part - which doesn't happen very often, but when we do, we're absolutely not afraid to hold our hands up. We're new, we're always learning, but on this occasion it would appear that we've done absolutely nothing wrong here other than having had the misfortune of dealing with a snarky attitude and remarkably self-righteous response. So, to sum up, we'll keep knocking out the best burgers in town, giving the best service we possibly can (as always) and we'll always stand up for our team when necessary. Ta.

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

I've eaten in 4 times and had take out 3 times (over a few months haha). We love it. Gorgeous food, I don't think it's overpriced but some specials would go down well. I recently had a few friends over and ordered a take out - everyone loved it and some are super fussy!!

Minor things but good to know - it can be cold in the restaurant. They always run out of shakes - only had one once!

All that said it's one of our faves. Please stay!

1  Thank bexlam