“1st meal awful; 2nd replacement meal not much better”
Review of Mulligans Pub

Mulligans Pub
Ranked #384 of 686 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 20 March 2016

Our St. Patrick's Day dinner was very disappointing. My husband and I both ordered corned beef and cabbage, figuring you couldn't go wrong with this traditional dish. The corned beef was extremely tough; you could barely cut through it with a regular knife and fork. My husband's fork actually bent in half. Cabbage was soggy and overcooked, as were the potatoes. About the only decently prepared food on the plate was the carrots. The flavor of the corned beef was unexceptional, also. After struggling to get a few bites of the meat and realizing that it would be a tortuous experience to actually try to eat it for dinner, my husband summoned our server over and said that it was unacceptable. The server was agreeable to offering us something else from the menu. We both ordered fish and chips; this choice was also a disappointment. The chips were decent; coleslaw was bland and dry; fish was over-breaded and over-cooked. The cod tasted old and dried out. Our Guinness beer was served in a red Solo cup, but it was the best part of the meal. Sorry, Mulligan's, you have striked out, and we will not be eating at your restaurant ever again.

Date of visit: March 2016
2  Thank laneybelle

Reviewed 28 November 2015

No a place to eat. Even the Irish would be offended.
I'm part Irish. TV did not work. Waitress noticed I did not the stew and said nothing.

Date of visit: October 2015
2  Thank TaraZ37
Reviewed 14 November 2015 via mobile

I'm back. Ordered the club and pub chips with 12 BBQ wings and a Jameson hard drink. Sandwich was amazing. I think I enjoy the teriyaki wings better than the bbq. Price came to about $30. Staff is friendly and atmosphere is cozy.

Reviewed 1 October 2015

Mulligan's has always been our go-to place for a decent salad and a couple of glasses of wine, so we were surprised last night when our usual salad looked very different. We ordered the "smoked chicken salad" and the chicken looked and tasted like it came from a can! My friend thought it tasted like tuna fish from a can. She was more disappointed than I was. I make chicken enchiladas at home with canned chicken so I know what canned chicken tastes like and looks like. It's not bad but it's not what one expects in a restaurant. I would be willing to bet Mulligan's was canned.

Thank goodness the wine was delicious, although they have no wine list to look at. You have to ask the server to go find out what wines they have and come back and recite them. Obviously, a server cannot memorize them all so if you want to know all of the choices, they would have to make numerous trips going back and forth, memorizing, then reciting. I asked her to just give me the first three Chardonnays on the list. She did that but hadn't memorized the prices. Was I going to send her back for that? Of course not. What a pain. How hard is it to print a list for the customer?

Reviewed 21 September 2015

Mulligan's poorly handled a serious situation of a friend with a serious food family allergy. She explained this allergy to the waitress. She asked about different entrees. The waitress checked with the kitchen to ensure the entree she wanted could be made without this particular food family allergy.

My friend understands that sometimes kitchens cannot make exceptions or prefers not to change recipes. In these cases, she orders food items that do not or can exclude the food family allergy easily. With that said, with assurances, she placed her order.

As she was eating her entree, she started getting sick. You could see her starting to redden and swell. Her mouth and stomach were on fire. We got the attention of the waitress (this was difficult). My friend started asking about the entry because she was getting sick. My friend asked to speak with the chef. The waitress appeared not to understand or understand what to do next. She said she would ask the chef for the recipe.

Time went on ... 10 minutes later she came back stating something about coriander. She exclaimed she has no idea what it was. We explained that we needed to speak to the chef so we could have a clearer answer. She scurried off. Another 15 minutes, there was still no visit from the chef. It appeared the waitress was now avoiding us.

We caught the attention of one of the bartenders - the pub was understaffed and it seemed everyone was trying to prepare for a bachelorette party. We explained the situation. My friend was distressed. She needed to know what all the ingredients were to determine the amounts which would determine whether or not a hospital visits was warranted. Also, she wanted to know the ingredients, in case this was a new allergy.

Another 10 minutes passed, we need to get the answer or leave so my friend could get the care she needed. Finally, the bartender came back with the recipe. It turns out they use a pre-made, store-bought ingredient that contains the food which triggers the allergic reaction.

Really? Not only were we assured the entree would not contain the allergen but this whole situation was handling poorly. There no concern or sense of urgency. She barely got an apology and it was forced.

Fortunately, the amount of the food allergen was small - no need for an ER visit but she was sick for four days and was bed ridden.

No more Mulligan's for us and I would encourage others to go somewhere else.

2  Thank Dara L