“Closed 6/2016 - Now Dragon Lee”
Review of Tiger Lily Chinese Cuisine - CLOSED

Tiger Lily Chinese Cuisine
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 February 2017

If you don't want to eat in a gas station -- Sally's Kitchen -- this is probably one of the better Chinese restaurants in Fort Collins. Place was empty on Presidents' Day evening at 7PM. Waiter and manager (owner?) were very solicitous. Best hot and sour soup in Fort Collins since South China closed. Other dishes came right from kitchen (no waiting) and were OK, just nothing special. I would return and try some of the "chef's specials."

Reviewed 18 March 2016

My husband and I ordered the Family 2 meal: fried rice, egg rolls, sesame chicken, spicy Szechuan noodles with chicken, hot and sour soup and egg drop soup.

First of all the fried rice was the worst fried rice I've ever seen. It was basically very dry rice and soy sauce. No onions, no carrots, no peas, nothing but dry crusty flavorless rice.

The egg rolls were pork I believe, nothing out of the ordinary about them. However the sauce they came with was ridiculous. It smelled and tasted strongly of cinnamon.....?!? Never have I had a sweet and sour sauce or sweet chili sauce or duck sauce seasoned with cinnamon. It was disgusting.

Next the soups. My sweet and sour soup was gelatinous and tasted like ketchup. Yum (not). The egg drop soup was similarly jello-esque that tasted solely of pepper.

I would say the best tasting part was the sesame chicken. But that's not saying much. The chunks of chicken were very large and the sauce was close to being good but something was not quite right...too strong sweetness maybe.

The Szechuan noodles with chicken: flavorless spaghetti with random unbreaded white meat chicken and small slivers of zucchini and onion. I picked the dish because the menu made it sound like there were more vegetable involved than some of the other options. But there weren't.

Overall we were very disappointed for $30. My husband eats pretty much everything and he could not eat his soup or the fried rice.

We will not order from here again.

Reviewed 11 January 2016

I come here for lunch probably once a week and I've never ordered anything I didn't like. The food is consistently good, the owner is friendly, the atmosphere is pleasant, the prices are reasonable and the portions are just right--enough to fill you up but no leftovers.

Reviewed 13 December 2015 via mobile

We went here with our daughter and her friends. We tried to get in the Thai resturant next door but it was jammed. This place was empty except for us and one other table.

Three of us had the sesame chicken and it was too much for all three of us, we should have shared the entree.

We also had the spring rolls and a few beers.

Food was good, and did not have a lot of additives.

Total bill for all 5 of us was $74.00.

Reviewed 26 October 2015 via mobile

Tiger Lily is the only Chinese restaurant that we go to. The food is always fantastic and the service is great. Very friendly owners.