“Very nice dinners”

Hunan Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #127 of 679 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 27 February 2016

When my wife and I decided to have chicken for dinner, we thought the Hunan restaurant should have some good choices. This medium size restaurant was moderately busy on Monday evening. However, there was a steady number of customers coming in to pick up their pre-ordered take-out meals. The menu offers a good variety of Hunan, Szechuan and other Chinese dishes with chicken, beef, pork, shrimp and vegetables. We decided to have a family chicken dinner for two that included soup, spring rolls and two main dishes. Our egg drop soup and spring rolls were quite good. Our main dishes were the chicken with broccoli and the sweet and sour chicken. The tender white meat with broccoli was mild and flavorful. The sweet and sour chicken was as savory as it looked. And the rice made each chicken dish a good full dinner that was enough so that we took leftovers home for lunch the next day. Good food and good service made our Hunan dinners very satisfying.

Reviewed 25 February 2016

This place has great food. The staff is friendly. The egg rolls and sweet and sour chicke are very tasty.

Reviewed 9 October 2015

I love Hunan. Their crispy shrimp is my all time favorite here. The general tso and sesame chicken are really good as well. It's one of the better Chinese restaurants in town in my own opinion.

1  Thank Bryan P
Reviewed 16 July 2015

The General Tso's chicken is the best! The portions are big so split meals!! The staff is friendly and attentive, we never lacked anything, our waitress was always anticipating our needs! We will definitely come eat here again, when in town!!

1  Thank PJAR01
Reviewed 28 June 2015

While visiting Fort Collins for the annual Colorado Beer Festival, we decided we were hungry for Oriental food. We found Hunan Chinese Restaurant, which wasn't easy. There are so many trees around the strip center it's in, you can't see the signs. Anyway, the food was good, nothing spectacular. The same as any other average oriental restaurant. The service made up for what the food lacked. Our waitress was very friendly. Our food arrived quickly and I never had to ask for my drink to be refilled.
Would I eat there again? Yes.